Knights of the Blood - X

It's been a very long time since we have been trapped inside this death game.

"So let me get this straight, you want me to join your guild?" I asked Heathcliff, the leader of the Knights of the Blood.

He nodded, "That is correct. With your title of The Reaper, you are a very valuable asset to our ranks. If you do not wish to join the Knights of the Blood, I hope you still remain as an ally of the Knights of the Blood."

I sighed, "With all due respect, Heathcliff, you know that guilds and I go together about as well as water and potassium."

Heathcliff chuckled, "Your analogy is quite abstract, though I don't think it's accurate. Either way, if you aren't joining my guild, will you at least remain an ally?"

I scoffed, "Of course. I can't just leave the rest of the clearers to fight by themselves, you know. Although I have a request: Can you allow Sachi to join the Knights of the Blood? She can take care of herself, but I still want her to stay safe, and what better way to do that than to let her join the Knights of the Blood?"

Heathcliff thought about it for a while. Then he nodded, "That's fine."

I let go of a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Thank you, Heathcliff, in return, I shall aid the Knights of the Blood until my last breath." I bowed with my right hand over my heart and my left hand behind my back.

Heathcliff raised his hand, "No need to bow, we are all equals here."

I shook my head, "You're my superior, Heathcliff."

"Perhaps, but we're all trapped here, are we not?"

"That may be true, but you being the guild leader makes you my superior."

"You aren't in the Knights of the Blood, you are my equal." He rebutted.

I had nothing left to argue, "As you wish, Heathcliff."

I turned around and left. I needed to meet up with Kirito.

...

"X, there you are. How long were you planning to take?" Kirito asked, "I caught a Ragout Rabbit, but I can't find anyone with a high enough cooking skill to cook it."

He was in Agil's shop.

I sighed, "It's SAO, a death game we're all trapped in. Who's gonna care about cooking?"

And then someone tapped me on the back, "I can cook a Ragout Rabbit."

I turned around.

"Asuna? You actually invested your skill points into something as trivial as cooking?" I asked, "I didn't think you were a cooking person."

Kirito stared at Asuna, "What's your cooking level?"

Asuna flicked her hair back smugly, "I maxed it out last week."

I sighed, "Why would you invest your skill points in cooking, of all things? It doesn't help you survive this death game. Agility, strength, and weapon proficiency all do."

"Excuse you! Cooking is a vital skill in order to survive! If you can't cook, how will you eat?" Asuna protested, a look of offense on her face.

I raised my hands, "Hey, it's your opinion, not mine. Anyways, I'll leave you two alone."

I turned to leave, but Asuna grabbed me by the arm, "You know what? You're coming with me. You underestimate cooking, and for that, I'm going to cook you the most delicious dish you've ever eaten, just to prove you wrong." She hissed into my ear.

Okay, what the fuck?

"Let me get this straight: I dissed cooking, which is one of your hobbies, therefore, you will cook me a delicious meal. I don't see the logic here." I said, slightly confused, "What do you get out of this? There's no deal being made here."

Asuna simply crossed her arms, "Maybe there's not supposed to be a deal made here."

I stared at Kirito, "Are you hearing this?"

Kirito just shrugged, "That's Asuna for you."

I sighed, "Fine, I'll be there."

...

Kirito and I turned up at the massive house that apparently belonged to Asuna.

"She lives in this? I genuinely thought that it would be like an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere, but somehow, this is more unsettling." I muttered.

"Oh, come on, what can she do?" Kirito laughed.

I sighed, "A lot of things, Kirito. A lot of things."

We entered.

Then there's Asuna, in casual wear, being nonchalant and smiling.

"Welcome, you two! Come, have a seat. Kirito, you bought the Ragout Rabbit?"

Kirito produced the corpse from his inventory, "Right here."

I decided to leave the two alone, and swung my dagger around, killing some time.

"Dinner's served!" Asuna yelled from the dining room.

I turned around and yelled back, "It better be worth my time, or I will personally make you suffer when we get out of here!"

As I walked into the dining room, a sweet aroma wafted to my nose.

I resisted the urge to lunge for the food.

"Hmm. Smells sweet." I commented.

Kirito stared at me, "That's your only reaction? This smells amazing!"

"You never know, it could smell good and taste like shit." I said, "Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Asuna put poison in this thing."

Asuna grabbed a butter knife and thrusted it in my face, which I swiftly blocked with my dagger.

"Don't bother, Asuna. We're in a town. You can't drain my HP here." I smirked, still trying to ignore the sweet aroma that was in the room.

Kirito then interrupted us, "Can we just calm down and settle this over dinner? I want to have a try of Asuna's cooking."

I sighed, "Fine."

I took a bite out of the dish, and my taste buds screamed in ecstasy.

I quickly covered my mouth to smother the sound of pleasure that I surely would've made otherwise.

I swallowed, and cleared my throat, "Ahem, yes, this is adequate. I deem it worthy of my time."

Kirito and Asuna weren't listening at all, they were too busy digging in to the food.

A/N: That took a while. I'm current in week 2 of a three week trip for school, and I can't use my computer during the week, so expect a drop in productivity for the next two weeks.

Anyways, if you enjoyed this chapter, consider voting and following for more.

Peace out, everybody. Goodbye.

Timeless _95, signing out