Real World Problems - Yuuki Asuna

"So, what you're saying is that you don't actually know what they're getting you to do." X summarized. 

"Well, it's not that I have no clue, I'm helping them test a full-dive technology. It's just that they block my memory of it throughout testing so that they can get unbiased and uninhibited observations." Kirito chuckled, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

X stared at him, unimpressed, "You do realize how dangerous that is, right? For all we know, they could be slowly torturing you whilst in full-dive, and we wouldn't have a clue."

I elbowed him, "It's not going to be that bad."

X laughed drily, "You have no idea how corrupt some people can be. The most tyrannical emperors in history would make my brother look like a saint."

I shuddered. I did not need to be reminded of Kayaba Akihiko. 

X continued, "Even if they weren't torturing your mind, they could be using you to develop a more dangerous Nervegear. Just because they're part of the police force doesn't mean they can be trusted."

I nodded, "He has a point, Kirito. Who knows what they're asking you to do? I think you should quit while you still can."

Kirito sighed, "I'm not going to just quit. It's fine, okay? I'll know when I'm in danger."

X slammed his fist onto the table, "By the time you figure it out, it'll be too late! If they are doing anything, you won't make it out! You are one kid against a police force! You're not trained in martial arts like I am!"

"They won't be doing anything shady! The Japanese Police Force is overseeing this project! They won't do anything to endanger their own citizens!" Kirito shot back, his voice rising as well, "Why are you so distrustful of everyone?!"

X sneered, "You know why! You never know when someone you trust is going to turn around and stab you in the back! You're too trusting for your own good! Someone's reputation isn't a reflection of their personality!"

"I know who to trust and who not to trust! That's more than I can say about you, Mister 'Do It All Myself'!"

Ouch.

X's vein's popped in his forehead as he rolled up his sleeves, "You wanna take this outside, Mister Black Swordsman? Don't forget who the strongest of us two is, especially in real life!"

That's when I decided to intervene, "Okay, okay, calm down, both of you. X, let Kirito do what he wants, I trust his judgement."

X glared at me for a while, and then sighed, his expression returning to his neutral face of general displeasure, "Ugh, your call. BUT THIS TIME, I won't be held responsible for whatever happens to you in the next few days!"

X grabbed his gym bag and stormed out of the café, slamming the door on his way out.

...

"Why did you have to go off on him like that? He wasn't really doing anything to you. We're both just concerned for you." I murmured, my hands gripping my boyfriend's arm.

"I know, I know, but I'm not defenseless. I can take care of myself just fine without him trying to protect me." He sighed, but before long, he paused.

"Kirito-kun?"

He held up a hand to silence me, gripping the closed umbrella in his right hand, "What do you want with us?"

The figure in front of us simply grinned, "Oh, that's very simple, Black Swordsman. I want your life."

He revealed his face.

It was Johnny Black.

"Johnny Black. You're the final Death Gun?" Kirito asked, "This isn't SAO anymore. You don't have your speed anymore."

"And neither do you. What are you without a sword, Black Swordsman?" He asked, "I don't care how fast your reflexes are, your body can't keep up."

"What are you without a poison weapon, huh? You're in the same boat as me." Kirito retorted, "I have a weapon, what do you have?"

Black fished out a syringe from his pocket, "Here's my poison weapon."

Kirito and Black rushed each other, Kirito stabbing the umbrella into Black's thigh and Black injecting Kirito with the syringe.

"No!"

I rushed to Kirito's side as Black collapsed, quickly calling an ambulance.

A light illuminated Black's face as a motorcycle stopped next to us.

Suddenly, a foot came crashing down on Black's face, breaking his nose and knocking him out.

"Goddammit. I'm always late, aren't I?" X muttered from beside me, and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Kazuto, why the fuck did you think it was a good idea to just rush in with nothing but an umbrella?"

X sat down heavily, "We can only wait. Kazuto needs his girlfriend right now. I'll see what I can do on my end to cover the costs."

He mounted his motorcycle and left, "You better not let him die, Asuna!"

...

Kirito was in hospital. He's in stable condition, according to X - who hacked into the hospital's records - but he had severe brain damage.

I was just here. At home, moping. Suddenly, a call came in. It was from X.

"Asuna, meet me at Dicey Café. Kazuto's been transferred. I can't find him."

The last four words sent me on high alert. X is an expert hacker, so if he didn't know where to look and can't find something, then we should be very concerned.

"On my way. Keep trying to find him." I murmured into the phone, getting dressed quickly and calling a taxi.

When I arrived, I found X frantically tapping on a keyboard, looking very concerned, Agil and Leafa were there too.

They were so focused on the laptop screen they didn't pay any attention to me, even after the entrance bell rang out, signaling my presence.

"How is it going?" I asked, looking over X's shoulder, "Any traces?"

X shook his head, "Yui and I are working on it, but so far, the only information we have is that the police force, more accurately Kikuoka Seijirou, has him. We don't know where, and we don't know how. All we could gather was that he somehow intercepted the ambulance. I was wondering if you could go to Minato, because that's where Kikuoka was reported to have gone last."

I nodded, "On it."

This was turning out to be a much bigger problem than I expected, X was right.

A/N: Sorry that I was gone for a week. I was too busy throwing my guts up all over the floor.

Anyway, this marks the beginning of the Alicization arc. 

If you enjoyed this chapter, consider voting and following for more. Peace out, everybody. Goodbye.

Timeless_95, signing out.