Let The Bloodbath Begin! - X

It's time for the battle royale. I shouldered my sniper rifle and gripped my combat knife as my avatar materialized in the massive arena.

Every 15 minutes, our locations get revealed, but after some datamining, I found that you can hide from the drones by either going into caves, underground locations, or underwater.

Well, not that it actually helps that much, considering it's quite easy to reposition. Especially with my massive AGI stat.

As the battle royale began, I immediately perched on a high cliff, concealed in the shadows of the trees.

Through the looking glass, I spy a- wow, yeah, I am not going into that poetic shit.

Regardless, I was able to spot a few teamers down below. I think it's quite obvious what I did after I spotted them.

I slit their throats.

No, I'm not kidding. I literally jumped down, snuck up on them, and slit all of their throats before they were able to react.

Where's the fun in taking out people by sniping when you can witness their pain firsthand?

Even though there's no pain in this game, but that's beside the point.

Besides, there were four of them, I couldn't take them out by sniping them one by one, now could I?

Regardless, the first fifteen minutes was just about up. I grabbed a brief glance at the map and located Sinon.

Why?

Because I want to annoy her. Obviously.

But in all seriousness, I really need another set of eyes to look out for Death Gun.

That means I need to keep her alive.

Not that I don't believe in her ability to protect herself, but she needs to stay alive, and hey, Death Gun may target her. 

I'd like to avoid that, because everything about her is a cry for help.

As I sprinted across the battlefield, shooting down every player I find with my sidearm, I kept an eye out for Sinon, because if I want to apprehend Death Gun, and I do, I will need to, first and foremost, keep Sinon alive. 

Finally, after a while of running and gunning, I found her.

The satellites went off at least four times.

Dude, what? I ran for an entire hour?

If this was real life, I'd be dead many times over. It's impressive how you can have unlimited stamina in video games.

Sinon was watching a showdown between White Jumpsuit Dude and Cowboy Wannabe.

"Sup."

She squealed. Like, actually squealed.

I'll admit, it was kinda cute to see a "hardened war veteran" type of girl seem so... feminine.

And funny. Definitely funny.

"Christ, are you trying to burst my eardrums, Sinon? Also, that would've given your position away if the gunfight down there didn't mask it." I chuckled.

"Well, if someone didn't sneak up on me, maybe it never would've happened!" She whisper-yelled. Well, it was more like stage-whispering, but eh. Same thing.

"On that note, did you actually squeal?" I tried to stifle my laughter as I watched her get red in the face.

"Not a word. You heard nothing."

I failed to stifle my laughter.

I started laughing so hard that it turned into wheezing, then into coughing.

As Sinon got more and more flustered, I laughed even harder.

What? If I get the chance to mock someone, I am going to take it.

"Well, glad we got that out of the way." I panted as I finally calmed down, I looked at her flushed face, and cracked up yet again, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but it's kinda cute how a "tough girl" character such as yourself can act so feminine."

My smirk must have looked incredibly condescending, because she started to get pissed off at me.

I raised my hands in surrender, "Alright, alright, I'm good. I'm good."

Suddenly, White Jumpsuit Dude fell over after killing Cowboy Wannabe.

I took a closer look through my sniper scope, and found a stun dart embedded in his shoulder.

Suddenly, Death Gun appeared.

Shit, shit, shit.

I gripped my trigger, and shot at the player before he could do anything.

He dodged it. Great, he is able to dodge a sniper round from a few meters away. His reflexes must've been honed by SAO.

"Sinon, shoot him. Please. That's Death Gun, right there, and if we don't kill him, he's going to kill White Jumpsuit, both in the game and in real life."

I imagine she became really shocked, because I've never used the word 'please' unironically. Not even with Kirito or Sachi.

Sinon let off a shot as well, but as expected, Death Gun dodged that as well.

"Fuck."

I jumped down, holding my pistol in my right hand and my knife in my left, like a military soldier.

"Death Gun, I swear to god, if you kill one more person, I'll kill you." I muttered, "Go bend over and suck your own fucking dick, why don't you."

I shot at the fucker numerous times, but due to the ballistic prediction line, he was able to effortlessly dodge them all.

I needed to buy as much time as I could, at least enough time for White- oh, sorry, Pale Rider to run.

I did notice something weird, though. That pistol of his is what he used to kill XeXeeD, so why isn't he shooting me with it now?

It's not like the NerveGear. There are multiple Death Guns.

One in-game, controlling an avatar with a "special" gun that can kill players through their AmuSphere headset, and a few in the real world to euthanize the players whilst they're playing the game. 

Lovely. He doesn't know where I live, so he can't kill me. 

Amazing. Now I wanna find out where he lives and murder him.

Eh, some good old interweb tracing should do the trick.

Although maybe I won't kill him. I'll make damn sure he gets the death sentence though.

Sadly, I never got to finish that thought, because Death Gun got past me and shot Pale Rider in the chest. 

Pale Rider got up and pointed his shotgun at Death Gun for a moment, and then disconnected.

"Now you've done it." I muttered.

I rushed at him, but he managed to tag me with a stun bullet from a sporadically aimed shot of his sniper rifle.

He retreated.

As the bullet's effects wore off, I got up as Sinon looked over at me worriedly.

"I'm fine. Pale Rider's not, though."

A/N: So I understand I was gone for a while. 

Summer vacation, man, come on. You guys can understand, right? When you're too busy preparing for your future career (AKA taking SAT practice tests every frickin day) as well as gaming with your friends, you're bound to have to take a break from writing.

Anyways, if you all enjoyed that chapter, consider voting and following for more. Peace out, everybody. Goodbye.

Timeless_95, signing out.