16.16

"Come on you've never had chocolate chip pancakes?" I asked her and she shook her head. "Try some they're amazing" I said taking a piece of the pancake in the little restaurant we were in in the big place that is San Francisco. "No" she said and scrunched her face in disgust. "Please for meeee" I pleaded and she gave in and took a bite off of my fork. "Good right?" I asked and she smiled at me, "that shits nasty" she said making me laugh at her expression. "What why?" I asked, "weird texture babe" she mumbled taking a bite from her fry. "Tastebuds of a 6 year old" I said making her smile.
Christmas was only 4 days away, billie and I have been in San Francisco for a few days now. Just running around and loving each other. I feel like we felt that if we keep running reality won't hit, reality won't take me away too soon. "Yes mom I promise I'll be there" Billie said into the phone as I scurried awake. She was sitting on the couch and I went over and laid on her. "It was fun while it lasted" I mumbled into her shirt and she nodded and played with my hair. "Come with me, it'll be a small meeting and then I'll take you home" she said and I agreed and went to get ready.
The meeting in there was tense, she was getting in trouble for leaving for so long and not canceling everything. I felt guilty that I made her distracted. "No you're fucking crazy" Billie yelled making me pay attention to the discussion inside. "Billie this is important for your music" the producer yelled back. "I'm not going to fucking leave her okay! I'm not leaving her especially since our time together might be cut short someday!" She yelled before throwing the door open and looking at me. "Let's go" she said quietly to me before I took her hand and walked towards the elevator. "Billie before you go can we talk for a minute in private" her mom said and Billie stopped and nodded. They went into a room and it was tense standing there with her music producers. "If you love her so much leave, you'll ruin her music career if you don't" a tall man said and I only stood there and realized he was right. If I died her career would be the only thing keeping her strong and I couldn't take away her music. She loves it. I started to walk away when Billie came out of the room. "What the fuck did you all say to her" she yelled before rushing after me and I closed the elevator. I leaned against the cold wall and struggled to breathe in. It felt as if my heart was upstairs while I was going down and it absolutely killed me.