Hope

Elliot couldn't find it in himself to just leave Ajay's apartment after they made it back. Not once did he let go of the girl who threw herself in front of him to take all the shots the dummies delivered. If he were to be honest with himself, he could see himself being at Ajay's place more often now that Caroline was here. He was certain that she was the one the Seer mentioned.

"So Witt, tell me... Why are yuh so taken by Miss Caroline?" Ajay was now in a pair of comfortable sweatpants and a cute pink crop top, of course she changed after attending to Caroline and making sure she was stable after the training. Much like the other legends, even Revanant, Ajay was surprised at how well the new girl handled herself but Ajay was more shocked by how instantly Caroline risked herself to save Elliot from the dummies wrath.

Elliot thought about telling Ajay. He's never told anyone about the encounter with the strange Seer, not even Wraith who he considered one of his best friends. "It's... a long story Che." He messed with his hair nervously.

"We got time. She's resting up right now." Ajay watched as Elliot looked over to the room where Caroline was, the room that he has been in one time before. "Go on, go check on her. Then yuh telling me why yuh so taken by her."

Witt wasted no time in heading towards Caroline's room, carefully walking in as to be sure not to wake her from the rest that she definitely needed. This would mark the second time seeing this girl, who was still essentially a stranger to him, injured. Carefully, he sat down on the edge of the bed looking down at the galaxy colored haired girl. "You didn't have to protect me you know? I'm a Legend... I've been in the games for so long now, I'm used to the pain but you? You're completely new here, to this world and haven't had time to a...adjust." He let out a dry chuckle as the image of Caroline pushing him out of the way towards the end of her training. "I won't lie to you Caroline... you had me scared." A sigh left his lips after those words. "Get some rest, I'll be here in the morning." He carefully stood up and gently tucked the blankets around her more which caused her to lean in closer to the blankets.

The instant he stepped foot back into the living room he wasted no time on beginning the story on every incident leading up to encountering the Seer, every word the strange woman spoke, and how ever since then, he replayed those words in his mind, even during the games. To him, it felt like a weight has been lifted off of his chest once he explained everything to Ajay, who was listening with a deep interest in every word Elliot spoke. He didn't know until that moment that every word the Seer said stuck with him.

"So.... how did yuh know it was Caroline this seer was talking about?"

"I... I didn't. But then when I saw her laying in that crater, something... something clicked inside of me and then when her and I had our first interaction with each other, everything felt... natural. Easy."

Ajay sat across from her fellow legend and friend while deep in thought. Che was an observant one. The day Caroline appeared she saw the look in Elliots eyes change from confused to utter concern. Then she overheard the two talking to one another and even from the other room she could tell the strange girl felt comfortable around Witt. "She does seem rather comfortable with yuh." She let out a slight laugh but then the small smile quickly faded. "Witt, what are yuh going to do if and when the time comes for her to return home? Say she has all her memories back and a decision to make on either to stay or go back go the world she came from. What would yuh do?"

That question caught Elliot off guard. The scenario never once crossed his mind and dare he admit it but the thought pulled at his heart strings. "To be honest with you Che, I never thought of that. Then again, I never thought the Seer's words would be true." He let out a heavy sigh as he thought about his answer, letting out another sigh. "I would leave the choice to her. I can't force her to stay but I could hope that with whatever our friendship turns out to become will aid her decision further. I just feel like she's someone I can't lose..." it was in that moment when Elliot knew he cared about Caroline more than he ever thought he would and he was terrified.

After silent moment was shared between the two, Ajay was the one to break it. "I won't stop yuh if yuh want to go be in there with her."

That was all he needed. With a small smile to Ajay, Elliot went back into Caroline's room as quietly as he could but the amount of silence he tried to keep wasn't enough. At the sound of the door latching shut, the injured girl turned towards him with a sleepy look on her face.

"El? What are you doing?" Though to her, her words were clear and distinguishable but to Elliot, it was a mumbled mess that he couldn't help but let out a chuckle to but then he registered that called him El rather than Elliot. It's been so long since I've been called that... He thought to himself as a new swarm of butterflies fluttered around in his stomach. He really enjoyed the way the nickname rolled off her tongue, even in her sleepy dazed state.

"I was uh, I was just checking on you. I c-can go if you'd pre...pref-... like me to?" Secretly he was hoping she would want him to stay.

"C'mere." Caroline said as she moved closer to the wall, patting the now empty space next to her. It was clear that the sleep was still evident in her voice and her movements but she just wanted to cuddle up to someone. Caroline couldn't even recall the last time she was just able to comfortably cuddle someone. She missed the feeling. When Elliot didn't really move, she pouted slightly, in her tired sleepy state. "Please El?"

"Oh alright. How can I say no to you?" He gave the tired girl a gentle smile. "Let me just get out my outfit okay? I'll be right back. Promise." After getting a nod from Caroline, he left the room again in search for Ajay to ask if she had a possible pair of comfortable clothing he could change into but to his surprise there was a pair of black sweats and a white t-shirt on the kitchen counter. Taking the change of clothes, Elliot went to the bathroom to change so he could lay down with Caroline.

When he walked back into the room he saw that Caroline was on the verge of falling back asleep. "Yay you came back."

"Of course I did." He walked over to the bed and carefully pulled back the sheets. Once he was laying down comfortably next to her, she didn't hesitate to move closer. She let out a content sigh as her head rest against his chest, his arm wrapped around her, his fingers gently playing with her hair.

No other words needed to be shared between the two as they both lay there in comfortable silence. This was something the two individuals missed, the simple contact of another person. The two were severely touch starved so for the two of them to be laying in each other's company was the definition of bliss to them.

Soon enough, the two fell into a peaceful and comfortable sleep, not once moving away from one another.