Training

Last night Elliot and I ended up just talking about random topics that came to mind (but nothing personal really came out of it) before Ajay came by and told him that it was time for him to go. When he heard those words I couldn't help but to pick up on the brief look of sadness in his eyes before it was quickly replaced with his normal attitude everyone knows him for. It was safe to say that I saw myself and Elliot becoming quick friends.

I was awoken by the alarm going off, letting me know that it was time for me to get ready for the day ahead of me. Grumbling to myself (I wasn't a morning person and for me to be getting before the sun rises was unheard of back in my home world), I pushed the covers away from my body and turned off the annoying device. Without doing anything to my hair, I headed into the kitchen where I smelt something that Ajay was cooking up for our early breakfast.

"I hope yuh ready for today Caroline!"

"I'd be lying to you if I said that I was." I yawned and rubbed any remaining sleep from my eyes as I leaned against the island bar. "Is this a normal time for you guys to train? Before the sun comes up?"

Ajay laughed at me before answering. "Yup! Better get used to it!" She started to plate our food. "Here yuh go Caroline, eat up and then get ready. A training outfit was dropped for yuh not too long ago." I could only nod because once again, I am not a morning person by any means.

After roughly 15 minutes of eating the delicious breakfast that Ajay has made, I waked back towards my room where the new training outfit was hanging on the frame. I looked at the whole outfit with a confused stare. This is some training outfit... and those shoes look like they will be impossible to move in... The outfit consisted of a charcoal grey body suit, black leggings, thigh high boots with a weird golden tip, a purple and blue colored shawl with sleeves that went around two of my fingers to hold it in place, three chains on the shawl, all golden and two of them having a crescent moon on them, and just the whole color scheme matched well together. This damn near looks like a Legend kind of suit... I shrugged to myself after the thought crossed my mind and closed the door so I can get changed.

Another fifteen minutes have passed and I finally had the suit on. There was a lot of struggling but I eventually got it and when the suit was on my body and hugging my small frame perfectly, I felt this surge of energy run through me though I couldn't explain why. Before leaving my room I looked into the mirror and looked at my hair, debating if I wanted to put it up but decided against it (which may or may not be in my favor considering I was training today). "Ajay? I'm ready to go!" I called out once I walked back into the living room, looking down at my so called training suit and making sure it looked fine.

"I was about to come grab yuh myself! Would you look at that! That suit fits yuh so well." Ajay said as she looked me up and down, taking in the full look. "Okay, we better get going, we don't want to keep Anita waiting!" I had to agree with her there seeing as how I sometimes find her intimidating.

The two of us walked out of Ajay's apartment and made our way outside where our transportation was waiting on us. We both hopped in and began our journey to where I was assuming, the firing range.

Roughly half an hour later we finally arrived and I silently followed behind Ajay. Today would be the first time that I will be seeing all the Legends right in front of me (aside from Ajay and Elliot of course). To say that I was nervous was a major understatement. Not only would I be seeing them all but I would be training with them all individually. I knew that by the end of the day I was going to be hurting and physically exhausted.

"Nice of you to finally join us Rookie." I turned around and faced Anita with a sheepish smile, the feeling of intimidation setting in with the nerves that I already had. "Huh, that suit fits you well. Anyway, I hope you're ready for today because we are not going to go easy on you."