New Blood

Legend profile
Legend Name: SuperNova
Type: Intergalactic Warrior
First name: Caroline
Last name: Unknown
Age: 26
DOB: unknown
Home world: Unknown
Passive: Interstellar Gift: Gains enhanced movement speed and highlights enemies slightly when shot at.
Tactical: Galaxy Grenade: Throws a grenade that sucks enemies into it and get stuck for 5 seconds, then after the detonation, it slurs enemy movement speed and blurs vision.
Ultimate: Star Bombardment: Throws down a smoke bomb that signals a bombardment of energy. Each blast does 45 damage and blurs vision and slows movement. There are 3 dozen balls of energy that comes down. Lasts 15 seconds.

(Credit for the abilities goes to a reddit user named Sterny_Werny)

My entire body felt like it had gotten hit by a train quickly followed by a stampede of wild horses. Everything was hurting to say the least. As I was laying in what I assumed to be a hospital bed (that was my only guess as to where I was considering I don't remember much of anything prior to falling asleep in my room) I heard voices around me, voices that sounded vaguely familiar talking amongst themselves and I was the topic of their conversation.

"There's no ID on this girl except for her phone that Natalie is charging and fixing right now. As it stands, she's a Jane Doe until she wakes up and tells us herself who she is." Why the hell did that voice sound so familiar?

"What are we going to do with her after she wakes up Anita? This girl fell from the sky like yours and Makoa's ultimate. You saw the remains of her clothing... she's not from here." Even that voice sounded familiar and the two names mentioned even rang a bell or two in my hazy mind but I still couldn't figure out where I heard or knew of those names before.

There was a brief silence that got disturbed by a sigh of stress but then another voice came in. "I could take her in after we figure her out."

"Elliot, no offense but you wouldn't know what to do with her, especially with your title you carry around." Elliot? Even that name and voice sounded familiar... what in the fuck was going on?

Before more of their conversation could commence I felt myself starting to stir more which in turn brought their attention to me. I let out a groan and slowly began to open my eyes, doing my best to adjust to the bright lights that were above my head. At first when my eyes were fully open, everything and everyone around me was a massive blur. The people that were around me were nothing but colorful blobs until my vision starting going back to normal and once it did, there was a collective gasp going around the room. When I was fully able to see properly, I looked at the people around me. I'm sure I was slightly squinting while looking at them but I was trying to figure out who they were and why they looked so god damn familiar. And when the realization hit, I felt my eyes go wide.

 And when the realization hit, I felt my eyes go wide

(The color of her eyes for the story!)

"B-Bangalore... L-lifeline... M-mirage..." the three of them looked at each other, probably shocked that I knew who they were. But it was the fact that they were somehow physically standing in front of me and not on a TV screen as the video game characters I knew them as. "N-no this can't be real. I'm fucking dreaming! You aren't real! You're video game characters!" My breathing started to pick up pace quite quickly as I was having a slight meltdown. "This is a dream right? Right?" I looked back and forth between the three with wide eyes. Anita and Ajay looked at each other with concern while Elliot kept his gaze locked on my frantic figure, silent but worry and wonder filling his eyes.

I saw Ajay shake her head. "You must of hit your head harder than we thought. Let me go get the doc-"

"No!" My panic was still rising, that much was evident by my reactions and the heart rate monitor beeping off the charts. "N-no please not yet..." I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths in trying to calm my breathing and heart rate. When I opened my eyes again I looked at the three people in front of me that I believed were video game characters. "Can... can one of you tell me h-how I'm here? And how you're standing in front of me? Y-you guys are supposed to be video game characters."

Elliot was about to open his mouth to speak before Anita cut him off. "Before we tell you anything, we need to know who are." My gaze went from Anita to Elliot and back to Anita once again.

"I'm Caroline. Caroline-" I paused after that trying to remember my last name or if I even had one but for whatever reason, I was coming up blank and that scared me. "I-I can't remember my last name..." I tilted my head back into the pillow, looking up at the lights above me before looking at them once again. "Please, can you just tell me what happened? The last thing I remember was that I was in my room back home, playing a video game that you're all in. That's the last thing I remember."

With saddened looks in their eyes, they began to tell me exactly what had happened and how I wound up in the Outlands.

Something within me was telling me that I wasn't going home anytime soon.