Chapter 11| Comfort Bunny

You yawn awake, gazing around the room. It took a few moments to realize you were on your couch, and that Springtrap was laying right next to you. He was quite close. In fact, he had an arm around you.
Your face heats up slightly, but you shrug it off and stretch. Your blanket was laid over you, so he probably set it on you after you fell asleep. You begin to sit up slowly. Feeling your movements, Springtrap would pull you close while groaning. Your face got warmer, but you tried to ignore it as you propped up on your elbows and gazed out the window. The sun was rising. You must have slept through the Night. So not only is your sleep schedule fucked but you missed a night at wo-
Oh. Thats right.
The building burnt down.
With Kyle in it. Once again the urge to cry would rise, and yet you didn't shes a tear. Your face was sore from crying the night before. You exhale deeply, gazing sorrowfully out the window as you breathed a bit heavily.
The rabbit next to you would quickly notice your distress, so he strokes his hand through your hair. "Y/n you should probably have some breakfast before you decide to have a panic attack." He chuckles softly, trying to make a joke. Obviously failing.
You scoff in response and lay your head down. "Dont wanna. Too much work."
He raises an eyebrow. "Its barley any work."
"Work hard." You mutter.
He sighs and rests his head against your neck, he was holding you tight. "I suppose you can eat later."
You groan. "Your gonnna crruusshhh meeee"
"Im not even holding you tight." He chuckles.
"Then certainly you dont know your own strength!" You snort.
He chuckles and loosens his grip on you a bit.
You then turn to look at him in the eyes, grinning.
"Whats with that face?"
"If you think about it, your just a huge non-stuffed cuddle bunny."
"I wouldn't say im not stuffed, but I wouldn't mind being your cuddle bunny~"
"Okay no, off. Bad. That was a joke." You push at his muzzle, which only dug further into your neck despite your efforts.
"Then can I be your comfort bunny~? After last night, Im sure you'd love for me to comfort you all the time~" He coos.
"Ahg god you stubborn rabbit fine. Just stop making it sound weird." You grumble and give up on trying to pry his muzzle off.
"Alright." He mumbles, closing his eyes. He rubs your back gently, his bunny ear brushing against your cheek.
You sigh and rest your chin on his head, wrapping your arms around him. If he wasn't going to let go, you might as well just hug him back.

Your eyes flutter open to the dimly lighted room. You gaze around, noticing the window curtains closed. You'd spot the rabbit in the kitchen, looking through the fridge and cabinets. You sit up slowly, and look down to your leg. You reach down and begin to unwrap it, wanting to check it. It was still pretty bruised, but not as much as it had been before. You slowly trace your fingers over the bruises, wincing slightly.
It definitely didn't hurt as much as before.
You set the bandages down to the side and look up at the sound of footsteps. Springtrap crouches down to you, his head tilting.
"Does it feel better?" He asks gently.
"Yeah." You respond quickly, glancing at his dangling arm. You grab the bandages and reach over to his arm.
"What are you doing?"
"Temporarily fixing your arm." You state, putting his arm completely together before wrapping it around.
"You know i still cant use it, right?" He cocks his head to the side.
"Its better than your arm falling off." You snort.
"True." He shrugs, letting you finish the bandaging.
He then stands up, heading back to the kitchen.
"Wacha doin?" You chirp, getting up and following after him.
"Im making you some lunch with what I can find."
"Nahh its fine I can just have some ramen."
"No no, your eating some actual food. I saw that trashcan, its filled with ramen packets. You need some actual food." He scoffs.
"Finnnee." You grunt, going to sit on a chair by the counter.
He picks out some eggs, grunting in annoyance as he couldn't find any sausages. He then picks up some bread and puts it in the toaster. As it cooks he went on to pick up an egg, but as he did it suddenly cracked and broke. He grumbles in annoyance before going to the sink to wash it off, having to clean off the handle as well.
"Need help mr. one hand?"
"No no, I got it." He replied, getting another egg. This time he carefully cracked it and got it in the pot, throwing the shell into the trashcan. He tends to the food quietly as you stared.
You waited patiently for him to finish, resting your head on your arms. He went across the kitchen, grabbing a plate. He silently set the toast on it. He then grabbed some butter out of the fridge as well as a knife from the drawer. He heads back to the eggs and finishes them off, putting salt and pepper on them before setting them on the plate.
With the eggs done, he picked up the butter knife and tried to butter the toast, but it kept shifting away. He lets out a metallic growl in annoyance as he struggles. You get up and scoot over to his side, holding the toast in place for him. "Here."
He huffs and mutters, "i wanted to make it for you without help..."
"Aww, but no. Its pathetic watching you try to make this with one hand." You chuckle, watching him butter the toast. He grumbles in response and finishes up before putting the butter away, and the knife in the sink.
You take the plate to the counter and sit down, smiling softly. "Honestly I'd never think to make this, so thanks Springy."
He looks over to you, an eyebrow raised. "Springy?" He repeats in confusion.
"Mhm. Im gonna call you Springy since its much easier than Springtrap!" You chirp.
He sighs, "Alright, but don't go having any one else call me that."
You nod before digging into your food, grinning. Springtrap grabbed a chair and pulled it up next to yours, sitting down on it. He set his arms on the table and takes a glance around the room.

After you finished eating you had set your plate in the sink and went to poke Springtrap. "When did you learn to cook?"
He stares at you, not sure how to respond. After a while he speaks up, "I watched the chefs and tried it myself at night."
"Ah alright!" You smile at him softly, not questioning the uncertainty in his gaze.
You then head off look through a box, attempting to find something to play with. There were many board games, really anything you could find or buy to entertain yourself when you weren't finding jobs or failing at them. After a while of scavenging, you pull out Settlers of Catan and turn to face the moldy rabbit.
"Wanna play?"
"Sure, but your going to have to tell me how to play."
"Bet."

Springtrap scoffed and pushed away the board, glaring. "Its not fair! You know the game better than me!"
"No no, you just arent planning ahead, and you chose horrible places to start your pieces!" You chuckle, picking up your game pieces.
"No- you were totally cheating." He huffs.
"What-? No! Never." You pout. "I'd never cheat."
Springtrap huffs again and looks away. His eyes narrowed. You sigh and get up, walking over to him. You hug him gently. "Stubborn bunny." You comment, staring at his eyes. He looks you in the eyes, remaining quiet. After a few moments his gaze softens and he pulls you up onto his lap, hugging you back. You rest your head on his shoulder and nuzzle him gently.
"Sorry."
"You dont have to say sorry." You respond softly, bringing your arms around his neck.
"I have a lot of reasons to say sorry..." He murmurs.
"Well, then I forgive you for them." You chirp, closing your eyes.
Springtrap's ear twitches as he stares at you. "But you don't even kno..."
He pauses before sighing heavily. He nuzzles his face into your hair while mumbling something inaudible.
You hum in confusion, "Whadya say?"
He closes his eyes and holds you tight.

"Thank you."

Thanks for reading, see you all next chapter
Didn't have much to do for this chapter, but eyy some wholesomeness.
Word count: 1464