Chapter 14| Amusing

DU DU DU DU *speed run music intensifies*
I have been so close to ruining the monthly update schedule :,)
I am so bad at getting things done on time, hopefully I can get more chapters done ahead of time.

It was quite pitiful to watch the broken rabbit fix his own arm. You had offered to help, on many occasions, but he rejected that help because one: you have no experience in fixing animatronics, and two: he was just so incredibly confident he could do it himself because he was a "professional" at fixing animatronics.

And so, you watched.

For quite a few hours.

He took breaks very often.

Completely professional, no frustration stopping him at all.

Not a single wrench or screw driver had been violently thrown across the room.

Yeah it took him about an entire day to fix his arm and somehow manage to not break himself further despite his anger.

Right now your sitting on the kitchen table while watching Springtrap move furniture around. According to him this was "testing that his arm worked". Though it seemed more like he was reorganizing the entire house.
"Done yet?" You call out, watching him finish moving the couch against the wall. He picks his gaze up from the couch and turns it over to you, grey-green eyes staring for a couple of moments before he glances around.
"I suppose, just until I have the materials to fix the floor, and later we should get paint for the walls- oh also cleaning supplies. Lots of Clorox wipes." He goes on, his British voice much more relaxed than earlier .
You hop off the table and shrug. "I'd love to buy all that but I don't have a job and I need to keep money saved up just in case." You sigh.
"Then get a job." He responds simply, as if it was the easiest thing in the world.
"I would if it weren't for the fact I didn't exactly go through school for long. I have no grades, no proof I will be at work when I should be, and I have no phone. Phones are like- the most important thing when it comes to knowing things about your job." You point out in a defeated tone.
He lets out a groan of annoyance, before plopping down onto the couch. "At least attempt. While you do that I can try and find some way of making money." He mutters bitterly, clearly pissed off by the complications.
You simply nod in response before turning around to scavenge the kitchen for a snack. You open one cabinet after another in search as silence consumes the room.
After a couple moments you find a snack of your choice and sat at the dinner table to eat.

Once you finish completely obliterating your snack, you look up to see what Springtrap was up to. Though he clearly isn't up to much, aside from staring at you. He doesn't even seem to look away when your gaze meets his.
"You good there buddy?" You chirp once a few moments pass.
His ears perk and he pauses before answering, "Yeah."

He awkwardly looks away, pretending that he hadn't been staring.

Wait.

That's actually adorable.

He's being shy.

A smirk finds its' way to your face as you get up and walk over to him, only for you to sit down right next to him. He glances at you slightly before shifting his gaze away.
"Tell me, what's so interesting about that wall your staring at?" You ask as you lean forwards and rest your arms on your knees.
His ear twitches, as if he found amusement in your question, before he turns to face you. He looks down at you and brings a hand up to gently hold your chin. "Why are you asking? Jealous that I'm giving it more attention than you?"
You raise an eyebrow. "Jealous? Pff, nah. How could I be jealous knowing you get more lost staring at me than that wall?"
He pauses slightly, but then speaks up with more amusement in his voice than before. "Did you just flirt with me darling?"
You stick your tongue out at him. "Maybe."

He shifts his hand so it's cupping your cheek and he leans a bit closer. "Your adorable." He coos.
"Look in the mirror and say that again." You huff.
He snorts, understanding what you meant. "I am anything but adorable." He mutters before leaning closer. "If you really find me adorable then I think you may be high."
You rolls your eyes with a scoff before bringing a hand up and placing it on his muzzle, trying to push his face away from yours. "I can assure you I'm not high, and what's with you and being so quick to get in my personal space?"
"Can't I get a good look at beauty?" He asks as he only gets closer, resting his nose against yours as he keeps you looking up at him.
You pout as a blush spreads across your face. "Well sorry to disappoint you but nothing in this house is beautiful."
"Your presence here says otherwise." He only continues to flirt, turning over on the couch so his entire body faces yours. He brings his other hand up so he has your face captured in his hands.
"Your a rat."
"I'm clearly a rabbit." He chuckles.
Before you can make up a response he moves a hand down to wrap it around your back, ultimately pulling you closer.
"Okay what the fuCking Chicken nugget gods are you doing you stinky rabbit." You yelp, caught off guard by the sudden closeness.
"Holding you, of course." He chuckles.
"I don't nEed to be hEld." You grumble.
"You don't need it, but you want it."
You pause before groaning, not arguing further. Sure, this is weird, but he isn't wrong. You in some way like this, even if you don't want to.
As you go quiet he pulls you onto his lap and rests his chin on the top of your head. He then nuzzles you gently.

A comforting silence took a hold of you two.

9/10/21 Currently in Delaware, going to Slaughter Beach.
Can someone explain to me why the sky is purple?
Also why is there a restaurant called Crabby Dick's?

9/11/21 Look what you guys have done v

9/11/21 Look what you guys have done  v

Word count: 1069