01 Areum

I saw her running for her life.
She knew I was following her. She was faster than I thought she would be, my legs suffered from running. I was wearing very uncomfortable shoes, quite inappropriate for tonight's business.
When she saw a bus stop she halted. The bus would arrive in ten minutes. I could tell she was scared for what is about to happen. Tears rolling down her face, the wet mascara ruining her well made make-up.
The streets were empty with only three maybe four cars passing by every minute. She looked around and thought I lost her and she released a sigh she didn't realize she was holding.
I was right behind her. Watching her every step closely.
I took a towel I had in my pocket and put it on her face, covering her mouth. She tried to scream but no one could listen. I put my arms on her, not touching her inappropriately, just having her close to me so she wouldn't go anywhere.
She tried to pull away to free her hands from mine but it was vain. I dragged her to a dark alley.
She tried to steal someone's attention by screaming so she can be saved but she wasn't that lucky.
"Shut up." I told her.
She continued screaming while crying her eyes out.
"I thought I told you to shut the fuck up!"
I trapped her in the corner with my hands so that she can't escape. I have no intention of raping her. I'm not a raper.
Once again, I had a mental breakdown. Normal people usually face their mental breakdowns somehow differently than me. I handle them this way. This is me.
If this girl finds me terrifying right now I'm thinking the same thing about myself too.
Suddenly a phone started ringing and I groaned in annoyance. It wasn't mine which was in my pocket so it was definitely hers.
"Give me the phone." I demanded annoyed. She did as I say and when I checked the caller the name Yeona flashed on the screen.
"Who's Yeona?' I asked her. "She's my best friend. Please don't hurt her." she stuttered and begged me. The phone still ringing.
"Answer the phone and act normal." She nodded immediately and answered the phone.
"Hey Areum, where have you been? It's late." I heard a voice from the other line of the phone. "Yeah, I know. The road's really busy, the bus got stuck in traffic." she said.
"Okay, where are you exactly? Do you want me to come over and pick you up?" she asked. Areum's frightened eyes were looking at my widened ones.
"Hang up the phone right now!" I yelled-whispered to her. "Who's that? Is someone with you?" her friend asked. "No one." she said to the phone.
"Are you sure? You don't sound good. Where are you right now?" she asked and then I became angry.
I sighed and grabbed the phone from her hand. I ended the call and smashed her phone on the floor with small pieces of the mobile phone screen spreading over this small space.
As I was doing so she tried to kick me in the balls but I blocked her knee and she seemed shocked, as if I'm that dumb to let a girl kick me in the nuts. Girls really don't know any other move except this one.
I get angry when they don't obey me, especially when they're trying to do anything against me.
"Pathetic." was the last thing she heard from me. I put out the knife from my back pocket. Her eyes widened and a tear rolled down once again.
"Please spare me!" she begged again and again. I don't think I've ever heard a victim beg me so much before.
I didn't even ask her about her last words like movies do, I just cut the girl's stomach multiple times.
I could see she was in pain but I didn't care less, she didn't have the strength to fight back.
She couldn't even talk until she wasn't able to breathe. Her lifeless body fell on the cold floor.
Same shit, different day.
The tanginess in the air invades my nostrils as her warm blood runs out of her stomach and onto the floor. Surprisingly, I'm not used to its awful smell. A few minutes later it dries up and stinks more, you can't bear to be in the same room with this smell.
Now glass and blood have become a mass and directly above lies a girl dead and deifies this sight.
It would be the perfect front page. Having nothing to add to the daily newspaper on politic issues, in which I refuse to deal with.
Everyone would be talking about this. This girl who was mysteriously found dead. And in less than an hour I know exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to cry like a baby, like I always do after a murder. I will desperately beg for grandma's forgiveness and get nothing in return but silence. She wouldn't have anything to say even if she was here anyway.
I usually carry human sized trashbags and put the corpses there. And then I just find an isolated forest and dug deep into the ground and throw the corpse inside.
This time I didn't do the usual because the spectacle was quite impressive, straight out of a movie. I almost took a picture of it.
I left the scene after a while of looking at it. I'm not proud. I hate these thoughts of mine, they're driving me insane.
I walk to this specific forest that means a lot to me. There's a cemetery in this forest.
My grandma died in this city and she's burried here, in this forest and that's what makes it special to me.