10

Mafuyu knew he had no choice but to tell her now. He'd backed himself into a corner, and now he had to spill. He felt so weak and powerless both physically and mentally. He needed rest, and the idea of just letting himself fall was so tempting. He wanted to be back at Uenoyama's house, in his bed, with nothing to do but rest until he was all healed up.

"My father used to hit me..." he told her, looking at the floor. "He was arrested when I was around five. But, recently... he came back. I had to go see him yesterday." He hoped that was explanation enough. "I'm fine, though. I dont need any help..." unfortunately, as he said that, he lost his grip of the desk and almost fell to the ground, completely contradicting what he said about needing help.

"Oh dear..." The teacher said, trying to keep calm as she frowned and offered Mafuyu her hand when he nearly fell. "Why don't you want someone to help you?" She asked sweetly, looking him in the eyes. "I can tell you're hurting... I could help you. If I called CPS, it would be anynomous, and he wouldn't know who told. And you'd be safe again. Don't you want that?"

Mafuyu instabtly shook his head, eyes widening. "P-please don't..!" He instantly regretted telling her. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if he not only caused the passing of Yuki but Uenoyama too. "Please don't... please... that's the worst thing you could do..!" He looked her in the eyes so she could see how serious he was. "Someone is going to be in danger if you do..! H-He's going to know, and that'll really set him off... he's got knives, a-and I cant let someone else be hurt because of me!" He accidentally raised his voice a bit at the end, blinking away tears.

She watched his behavior and studied it closely, trying to see if she could figure anything else out from his body language. The sudden change in tone really surprised her, and she knew that had to mean there was some sort of manipulation at play. "Sweetie... No one is going to get hurt. I promise. They'd come randomly during the day, so he'd have no time to plan anything to hurt anyone." She tried her best to sound reassuring and comforting. "It's okay... please calm down. I just want to make sure you stay safe."

"No!" Mafuyu protested, eyes wide with terror. "Please, don't!! I'm begging you..!! Please..!!" He didn't have much more strength left to yell, but he tried anyways. "I can't let him hurt him..!! Please- just- please!!" A few tears ran down his face and he was ready to get on his knees and beg if that's what it took. He swayed slightly as he stood, a clear sign that he was losing his balance and would fall soon. "Please!!" He begged again, looking at her as he stumbled to the side slightly, just barely catching himself. "Dont tell anyone!! Dont call anyone! You have to promise!!"

Her eyes widened and she reluctantly nodded, just wanting him to calm down. "Alright... I won't. I promise." She was definitely breaking that promise, though. "Calm down, and take a seat please.." she said softly, bringing a chair to Mafuyu. "I'm not going to call anyone... Alright? Its okay. Just relax.."

Mafuyu cried silently, sitting in the chair and covering his face, unable to hold anything back anymore. He normally never cried, but here he was, completely breaking down. It had been so hard keeping a secret from everyone, but now that he told, he had to live in constant paranoia.

He suddenly hugged her, feeling her almost motherly embrace soothe him practically instantly. She was like a second mother to him, and she'd helped him with more problems than he could count. She helped him study, made sure he was doing okay, and always made calls home to Mafuyu's actual mother when she thought something was wrong. Her and his mother were actually pretty good friends, which helped explain her closer role in his life than just a teacher.

"Sshh... It's okay. I know it's hard, but everything is going to be okay..."

-----

A/N: Sorry this part is a bit shorter! I felt like this was a good place to end off this chapter and I didnt want it to seem like it dragged on forever.

Also, just in case I didn't make it clear enough, the thing with Mafuyu and his teacher is completely and totally platonic. It's motherly affection, not anything illegal or creepy. I'm pretty sure I made that clear but I wanted to put this disclaimer just in case anyone misunderstood. Yk, people have twisted minds sometimes and I'd hate to have that get me in trouble-