1

TW: Mentions of domestic violence/abuse
-------‐‐--------

Mafuyu felt hollow. He felt like he should be scared, but it was all bottled up and sealed tightly away. He felt like he might throw up, if it weren't for his numbness to all feeling. Because he knew this would happen, he saw it coming.

He knew that one day his father would get out of jail.

And he knew one day he would have to see him again.

It had been his mother who have him the news. She had said it through sobs and streams of mascara. Mafuyu wished he could express such emotion. He envied her. But he kept that to himself and just silently stood in the middle of his bedroom, forcing himself to process the information that was definitely changing his life for the worse. He was in such sheer fear that he wasnt sure of what to do.

His boyfriend, Uenoyama, was standing next to him, trying to get him to say something; trying to get him to feel something. He grabbed Mafuyu by the hand and sat him down on his bed, looking at his blank stare and overall dazed appearance.

"Hey... earth to Mafuyu..." he waved his hand in front of the other's face, hoping to get a reaction, any reaction. He hated to see his boyfriend in such a state; unresponsive and distant from reality. "Keep your attention over here... I wanna see if you're okay..." With the way Mafuyu was now, he honestly didn't know.

But to his surprise, Mafuyu didnt say anything. He briefly moved his eyes to look at Ritsuka, but didn't speak a single word, starting to rock back and forth. He always rocked when he felt troubled. It was a source of comfort that he'd established as a little boy, when he was hurt and sitting all alone.

And so, because his efforts up to this point were so fruitless, Uenoyama decided to pull out the big guns...

He grabbed his boyfriend and picked him up, placing him on his lap. He then took to pressing little kisses to the other's face, rubbing his back at the same time. It flustered him greatly to do this, and his face was a bright shade of pink, but he continued anyways, pressing their foreheads together and just barely touching his lips as he said: "Say something... do something... anything." He was so worried, and all he wanted was to make sure Sato was actually capable of articulating words. He had always been the type to space out, but never this bad. "Please... tell me how you're feeling. Tell me how to help."

Mafuyu's eyes widened and he blushed deeply. Did he really have to talk? Did he even know how at this point? All his sense of feeling had been temporarily thrown out the window. He didnt know how he felt, and he certainly didnt know how to put it into words.

Until...

The kisses retrieved it. The kisses retrieved just a sliver of his senses. Just enough to start kissing back.

He took advantage of the close proximity and looked Ritsuka right in the eyes before he kissed his lips. Once, twice, three times. Each time with more passion.

He thought those magic kisses to wake up the princess were only in fairytales... but it seemed they'd worked in the real world too.

And finally, Mafuyu felt ready to speak. "I feel..." how did he feel? It took a few moments to think of a way to describe it. "I feel scared." Scared and anxious. Worried for his safety, too. "Did you hear? My dad is running loose..." at this point, the whole town was talking about it. He'd asked his mother about it after hearing rumors around school. "He wants me. He wants to see me." But Sato didn't know why. Was it only to punch him? Only to make more cuts on his heavily scarred arms? Or was he really a changed man, who just wanted to make amends? "But I also feel like... I knew it all along. That something bad was gonna happen..."

Uenoyama frowned deeply at the news, face turning pale and eyes wide.  But at the same time, he was confused. "I thought you said... that you didnt have a dad." That's what he said around the time they first met, when Ritsuka was curious as to how Sato obtained his guitar. "Is that why you said that..? Because he's in prison..?"

"Yeah..." Mafuyu mumbled under his breath, sighing. "He isnt in my life. And I dont want him to be." He frowned and fiddled with his fingers.

"What did he do..?" Ritsuka asked, words hesitant.

"He..." Sato didn't want to say it aloud. He didn't want to remember it. "He used to hit me... in secret. I even thought... it was normal. I couldnt scream. Or talk. Or... cry..." maybe that was why he had such a hard time expressing himself now. He had been taught to suppress it; to hide it all away and pretend to be fine.

"But its okay... I have to see him in a few days... But It'll be okay..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

An: Tysm for taking the time to read my fanfic! This will prolly be rlly angsty so get ready to cry :,) why do I do this to myslef-

I have trouble uploading consitantly but I'll truly try!

Love,
~Sora