Chapter 16: Do I Have To Snort Marijuana?

The next few days flew by and before I knew it, it was Saturday.

Seeing as this was my first weekend without Cactus, I spent the morning just lying in bed and enjoying the peace and quiet. My parents and Sam left the house around midday, for one of Sam's football games, promising they'd be back sometime in the evening.

It hadn't slipped my mind that today was the day of Luke's party. Not that my friends would have even let me forget. All week Luke, Georgia, Chase and Austin had been pestering me about coming to Luke's party and all week I'd been ignoring and avoiding them.

Now the day of the party was finally here and I still hadn't made up my mind on whether or not I was going to go.

The sensible part of me was telling me not to go. Based on what little knowledge I had gathered from films and books, it was bound to not end well.

However, there was the other part of me that was urging me to go and find out what I'd been missing out on all these years. The same part of me that had made me jump out of that plane and landed me in jail. The part of me that sounded worryingly a lot like Luke.

It was around seven o'clock when I was finally broken out of my thoughts, by the sound of our doorbell ringing.

Assuming it was my family, I immediately rushed to open my front door.

"Ella!" Cried a voice that definitely did not belong to my parents or Sam.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, blinking at the four familiar faces stood on my front porch.

Georgia, Alice, Chase and Austin all grinned back at me. Well, Alice's grin looked more like a grimace, but you get the idea.

All four of them looked amazing, obviously ready for Luke's party. Alice was wearing a tight black dress that hugged her curves and her dark hair left down in its natural waves. Georgia looked equally incredible in a cute coral colored dress, that flared out the waist, making her look like some kind of fairy. Her blonde her was twisted up into an elegant bun and her makeup was done beautifully, making her blue eyes stand out. The twins were both wearing jeans, but Austin had opted for a smart yet casual button up shirt while Chase had gone for just a plain white shirt.

I felt incredibly out of place standing in front of the four of them, wearing jeans and a shirt with Homer Simpson's face on it.

"We're here to pick you up for the party," Chase exclaimed, as if I was supposed to know that already.

These guys just didn't give up, did they?

"Guys," I mumbled as they all stepped inside my house. "I'm still not sure if I want to go."

"Well, you haven't got much time to decide," Austin said. "The party starts in just over an hour so you better make your decision now."

"And that decision better be yes," Chase added. "We did just drive all the way here for you."

I chewed my bottom lip hesitantly.

On one hand, I hated loud music and crowded places but on the other hand, all of my friends were going and I doubted the party was going to be half as bad as the movies made them out to be.

"Come on, Ella," Georgia said, grabbing my hand. "It'll be fun! And the moment you want to go, me and Alice will leave with you. Okay?"

"Do I have to drink?" I asked, uncertainly.

"No," Alice responded.

"Do I have to dance?"

"Not if you don't want to," Georgia answered.