Chapter 11

You were still in the food hall with Sif and the warriors 3 when Thor entered. "Ah Lady Y/n, I see you've met Lady Sif and the warriors 3."

"Indeed I have Thor." you confirmed, "What's up?"

"I was wondering whether you had been shown your room yet?" he inquired.

"I was planning on sleeping outside but a room would do nicely." you told the God of thunder.

"Perfect. I'll show you quarters now, we can talk on the way." he spoke, holding his arm gesturing for you to take it. You rejected and just walked by his side. "I heard you spoke with mother earlier, are you any closer to finding the thief?"

"Thief? Oh yeah, yes. We just chatted really." you told him, now walking up a flight of stairs.

"My mother likes you. From what she's told me, she wishes you were her daughter." Thor stated.

"Well then, I wish she were my mother. Frigga is an incredible woman and I've only known her for a couple of hours." you responded. "How is Jane? Have they made any progress with that energy thing?"

"Jane is doing okay, sadly no progress though." he responded. You then passed Frigga with some guards in the hallway.

"Hello y/n." she smiled. "Thor." she added.

"Hello again your highness." you greeted, wanting to be formal in front of everyone else.

"I'm glad I bumped into you actually, are you going to be free in twenty minutes time? I would like to speak with you , all good things I assure you." the queen requested.

"Yes of course, where will I be able to meet you?"

"I'll come to you." she assured "Speak to you later."

"Yeah, see you." you stated. And continued walking with Thor. He stopped outside a room and opened the door for you.

"Here we are," he announced. The room was enormous. There was a golden four-poster bed to the right with metallic tassels lining the edges, an oak free-standing wardrobe, two white coffee tables either side of the bed with elegant green crystal lamps on top. In the centre was a sitting area complete with a marble-topped table that matched the floor tieling, a fluffy forest green rug and a velvet chaise lounge but the most impressive thing by far was the glass double-doors that opened to a stone balcony overlooking the gardens and villages of Asgard.

"Wow!" you exclaimed.

"There is a washroom with everything you'll need through there," he pointed in the direction of another handsomely carved oak door, "and your wardrobe has already been fitted with clothing for the next couple of days." he opened up the cupboard and it revealed racks of medieval-looking Asgardian dresses. You hated it. Well hate is a strong word. More like severely disliked. They were lovely items of clothing but you had built yourself a vigorous reputation and these baby pink and blue gowns were not doing it for you.

"Umm Point-break. Not to be ungrateful, because I am grateful, but do you have any mens clothes? In black or very dark blues and greens?" you questioned anxiously.

"My apologies Lady y/n, I should have remembered that suit you wore in New York. I will get someone to bring you something else right away." he noted.

"Only if it's not too much trouble." you added.

"No trouble at all, I'll leave you to settle in." the god stated and exited through the door leaving you alone.

You sat down and gazed at the soon-to-be night sky. A knock came from your door and you opened it to be greeted by Frigga. "Hello." you grinned.

"Good evening dear, is your room to your satisfaction?" the queen asked

"It's wonderful, although I have sent Thor to change the dresses." you chuckled.

"I did try and convince Odin to give you a different style of clothing but as stubborn as always he didn't listen!" she laughed in return. "I won't stay long. I just came to let you know that the guards change on the hour and the dungeons are down the steps at the end of this hallway."

"Thank you." you grinned, "I will go as soon as I can."

"No y/n. Thank you. I'm glad that Loki has someone who is there for him."

"Well after the short time that I have known him I can tell he's just enough of a bastard to be worth knowing" you laughed. (a/n Good Omens, anyone? (This isn't the first reference))