Chapter 31

'SHADY ACRES CARE HOME' was what the sign read as the building Loki had led you to was being destroyed.

"I swear I left him right here." the younger prince stated monotonically. You were back on earth and Loci had plugged your phone in and it flooded with notifications. 2017! Wow you had been away for about 2 years! Was this what Steve felt like? And Bucky - who isn't under mind-control anymore? You seriously needed someone to summarise what has happened while you've been gone.

"Right here on the sidewalk or right here where the building is being demolished? Great planning!" Thor asked. You felt like a proud mother knowing that he had picked up sarcasm from yourself.

"How was I supposed to know? I can't see into the future. I'm not a witch." Loki complained.

"No? Then why do you dress like one?" Thor retorted, he was in casual Midgardian wear and Loki in a black on black suit, you thought it looked pretty cool and were pretty sure you owned a similar one yourself.

"Gosh I am so proud of you. Your sarcasm has come on leaps and bounds. Perks of being around a British person for 2 whole years I suppose." you praised. Loki shuffled uncomfortably and still wasn't meeting your gaze.

"I can't believe you're alive! I saw you die! I mourned you, I cried for you." Thor marvelled.

"That's what I said when I found out!" you remarked.

"You knew? And you didn't think to tell me my own brother was alive?" Thor raised his voice a little.

"It slipped my mind." you defended, holding your hands up in surrender. Truth be told, it didn't slip your mind, you had thought about Loki more than you'd rather admit. You thought that he might have visited you in illusion form again but he never did. It hurt. It still hurts.

Your thoughts were interrupted by two women asking for a photo with Thor. "Hi. Would you mind taking a picture with us?" She was very excited.

"Oh sure." Thor answered, Loki rolled his eyes. "Start figuring out where he is."

"Norway" you said between coughs.

"What?" Thor asked.

"He's a Norse god. Norway." you clarified. "Well actually, Norse mythology originated from Scandinavia which was Norway, Denmark and Sweden but Norway's the closest one to here so, he'll be in Norway."

"Well how do you know he didn't go to Denmark or Sweden?" Thor asked.

"He's old and close to death. He wouldn't have bothered to travel any further than the first place of beauty."

"Wow are you y/n Holmes? That was so cool." one of the girls asked, taking a selfie with you too, also getting half of Loki's fed up face in the shot.

"Depends who's asking." you spoke with a smile.

"Sorry to hear that Jane dumped you." the other directed at Thor, before they both let you be.

"She didn't dump me, you know. I dumped her. It was a mutual dumping." Thor excused.

"No mate, she was too good for you." you told him, patting his shoulder.

Just then, a glowing ring began to circle Loki. "What's this? Wha-what are you doing?" Thor panicked.

"This isn't me." Loki responded before being eaten by the ground or turned into a piece of paper. One of the two.

"Loki." Thor whispered, tapping the pavement with the Mjollnir that was currently disguised as an umbrella.

You knelt down and picked up the parchment. "Strange."

"Yes, isn't it quite?" Thor agreed.

"No I mean Strange, this is my cousin's handwriting." you explained. The address written on the paper was 177A Bleecker Street so that's where you headed.