Chapter 27

"Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty but she'll do." Fury informed the group as you rejoined Nat, Steve and Pietro.

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve cursed.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" the director challenged.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" Pietro asked, watching the helicarrier in wonder.

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D is supposed to be." cap answered.

"This is not so bad." Pietro admitted.

"Let's load them up." Rodgers voiced and you all got to work helping the civilians onto the lifeboats.

"Hey Stark?" You asked Tony through your ear piece, having come up with an idea, "What if we create a heat seal?"

"And supercharge the spire from below!" Tony shouted over the surrounding noise.

"Running numbers." the AI responded, that wasn't J.A.R.V.I.S.

"Hey Tony, where is J.A.R.V.I.S?" you questioned.

"You haven't met Vision yet have you? Anyway, meet F.R.I.D.A.Y"

"Jeez guys when I say fill me in on what I missed I don't mean keep me in the dark." you complained towards everyone now curious about who this Vision was.

"A heat seal could work with enough power." F.R.I.D.A.Y got back to Stark.

"Y/n you're a genius! Thor, we've got a plan."

"We're out of time, they're coming for the core." the god responded.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier." the billionaire requested.

"On it."

"Avengers, time to work for a living." Iron man announced and you all began to make your way towards the core but you were stopped by Loci who sat on your shoulder, later followed by Jim.

"Loci? Jim, what are you still doing here?" you asked, seeing he had successfully parked the helicopter this time.

"Well I can confirm all the people are here, and I wanted to make sure you were okay." he reassured you and placed his hands on your shoulders and you did the same.

"I'm okay." you smiled.

"Great." he smiled back.

"Good, now get yourself out of here!" you encouraged pushing him towards the lifeboat.

"What about you?" he asked, concerned.

"I'll be fine, I'm just gonna go rip the heads of some flying robots up there." At that statement, Loci gave out a concerned beep. "Not you Loci." you laughed at your small friend's remark, "Stick with Jim, and you get out of here." you directed at Moriarty.

They began to leave but Moriarty turned around, "Y/n, what if something happens to you?"

"I've told you, I will be fine." you reassured him.

"Well at least take this." he requested, walking towards you with his hands in his pockets.

"Jim you've already given me my birthday present and I love it, I don't need-" you started but were cut off by Moriarty's hands holding your face on either side, and his lips stopping yours from talking. You leaned into the kiss and your hands found their way to his slicked, dark hair. His lips were warm contrasting your cold ones and even though you both pulled away after a few seconds, it was perfect. You were both left blushing. After years of playful flirting, that was the first kiss you had shared and it was sincere. You had broken the infamous James Moriarty. He wasn't emotionless after all.