Chapter 5 (edited)

"How powerful are phoenixes??" Song Lan raised his hand wanting to know more about phoenixes

Mu Qing then used some of his yang/ spiritual energy to form a projection of a phoenix with it's red and orange flames.

'Wow

'Wow..." A Qing let out a huge gasp of awe as she and the rest of the mortals and Wei Ying were amazed seeing an actual phoenix. 

"Phoenixes have powerful spiritual energy, strong silver core, ability to teleport, magic ,shapeshifting, high level qi and yang energy, supersonic hearing and magic, their tears can heal people's wounds. They also possess telepathy, manipulative energy, and telekinesis. But between a male and female phoenix, a male phoenix is more superior and powerful because they also have the ability to give birth whether they marry a male or female. Xie Lian explained, causing all of the mortals to hang their mouths wide open while digesting the information they just learned.

"Did your shifu explain to you along with her other disciples about phoenixes or did she ever transform in front of your eyes??" Hua Cheng asked Xiao Xingchen

Xiao Xingchen nodded his head " She did explain to us the basics about them, but we never saw her transform or talk that much about her kind. We were also sworn to keep this knowledge into full secrecy.

"That was really wise of her to do that" He Xuan commented in acknowledgement of Baoshan Sanren's decision.

"So how come we've never seen you transformed into a phoenix or say a word about it??" Wen Ning asked out Wei Ying who looked as confused and shocked as all of them.

"Also why was there no record of the Sanren family being phoenixes or no one talked about it??" Song Lan placed a hand under his chin.

Xie Lian explained to them "I'm guessing that Baoshan and probably the elders of the current major sects hid or used an forgetful spell that can erase a certain memory on themselves, or kept records or books about the Sanren Family being phoenixes so that evil doers won't get their hands and used them for evil. Since the blood of a phoenix is powerful and dangerous, it can be used for making the person who drinks it stronger or uses it in their talismans or spells stronger.

"Why do I feel like there's a but" A Qing muttered

"However even though the mark has been placed on his body he and his golden core would still become stronger than a normal cultivator." Wang Fang finished the sentence

"Since my mother is a phoenix and an immortal..does that make me half-immortal??" Wei Ying asked

"Yes" Feng Xin replied as he then added "But now you're full time immortal with the silver core now in your body so congratulations"

"That explains why when we removed your golden core it was so beautiful and powerful" Wen Ning looked at Wei Ying as they both recalled the moment during the procedure one Wen Qing presented them the newly removed core.