Chapter 29

Lanling was known to most of the people as the city of gold, merchants and business or "Golden City" as the people worship 水师无渡 (Shuǐ Shī Wúdù - Shui Shi Wudu - Water Master Wudu) since he's also the God of Wealth for success in their business either teahouses, shops, brothels, and theaters. The streets were crowded with horse drawn carriages and wooden sedans carrying people from one side of the city to the other. People strolling around the streets chatting or gossiping about the hottest topics relating to the common and cultivating world. However, what stood out among the crowd was a woman wearing purple and pink robes with a lotus design in the middle with a silver Yunmeng Jiang clarity bell. She has average height, snowy white complexion with her yellow eyes lastly with her sweet motherly and friendly gaze.

江厌离 (Jiāng Yànlí -Jiang Yanli) was walking around the streets buying ingredients. Normally the servants or the cooks would go down the streets but she insisted that she would also take charge in buying food and cooking meals for her family members. Aside from that many things have changed during these past years.

"Good day 金夫人(Jīn fūrén - Jin Furen - Madam Jin)" A stall owner greeted her.

"A good day to you too" Jiang Yanli smiled warmly at them as she and her companion who was specifically chosen to serve and attend to her all of her needs passed by the stall walking around the streets of Lanling.

"Madam Jin, are these all of the things you need from your list??" One of the female senior servants named 陈倩 (Chén Qiàn - Chen Qian) who was one of the takecakers of Jin Ling growing up and became close with her asked while carrying a basket filled with different vegetables and fruits while ignoring the looks they are receiving from people.

"We are almost done, there are a couple of things left that we need to buy," Jiang Yanli assured her as the two walked their way.

"Madam Jin, you amaze not just me but the rest of the household of Koi Tower in numerous ways. You really deserve your title of 兰陵莲花圣女(Lán líng liánhuā shèng nǚ - Lotus Saintess of Lanling)"

"Thank you for the compliment...I just try my best and help those in need whatever way I can offer them" Jiang Yanli humbly answered in response.

In the past 5 and a half years Jiang Yanli earned the reputation as the Lotus Saintess of Lanling for being a motherly figure to all of the Jin Sect members, participated in a lot of the cultivating world and politics, helped build orphanages or homes for the poor and helped improve the relationship between the sect and civilians although the relationship between the two is no longer the same as it used to be.

They walked their way to a stall selling peaches. The female vendor was glad to see them and started showing the best peaches from the batch until numerous people were hurrying their way towards a certain stall or area.

"May I kindly ask what's going down there???" She politely asked the woman who was showing them peaches.

"Ah...they are hurriedly excited because the businessmen selling products from Yuandao are back in stock. The items they sell are quite popular."

"Really how so??"

"Yuandao is quite famous and well known for their delicacies, various tools, and clothing. As well in their architecture and their lively festivals" The vendor enthusiastically answered them while handing the peaches to the companion. "They usually ran out of stock by the end of the day. I would like to suggest that you both try to check it out."

"We will, that's all of the peaches we need" Jiang Yanli told Chen Qian right after they thanked the woman for her information as they both headed off towards the crowded stall.