Chapter 35

"So exactly what does Gusu Lan Sect want from us? Why come to us here in Yuandao?" Song Lan asked with his voice deepened as he glared at Hanguang Jun who was seated in the left side of the room and handed a letter to the female servant who was standing close to him and holding a tray. The Lan Disciples including Sizhui were standing at the same time looking around at the room being amazed by the interior design and the outfits of the Fenghuang Sect as they were all while listening to the conversation.

On the right side of the room were Gongsun Yingjie, 陆 商阳 (Lù Shāng yáng - Lu Shangyang), Song Minsheng and Song Peizhi. Even though Lu Shangyang is not that active as a cultivator, doing night hunts and that started learning at a late age he helps manage the Fenghuang Sect's treasury and business aside from still being a respected elder in the sect as he teaches the disciple about how to handle money and anything about the marketing world. While Xiao Xingchen was seated right beside Song Lan since he is after all the spouse of the sect leader.

The female servant who was handed the letter by Gongsun Yingjie, walked her way towards Song Lan who was seated in his throne as sect leader.

"宗主 (Zōngzhǔ - Zongzhu - Sect Leader)" She addressed him with a formal respectable bow and presented the letter to him.

Song Lan furrowed his brows seeing the letter as he then slowly held and examined it.

"What exactly is your goal Hanguang Jun?" Xiao Xingchen questioned the second jade who looked at him back with a stern unemotional look in the eye.

"You know that it's quite rude to not answer a question directed to you??" Gongsun Yingjie snarky commented while focusing his attention towards Lan Wangji.

"Read" Hanguang Jun said that word in a deep emotionless voice to which didn't affect the adults at all but was affected by Lan disciples even though they are used to hearing him speak like that.

"Wow..I'm impressed that he could make the atmosphere of the room become cold and make people shiver in fear" Song Peizhi quietly commented as he felt that he got goosebumps on his arms while Song Minsheng just stared at the second jade showing no emotion or reactions at all.

Song Lan then opened and read the letter silently word for word.

To Fenghuang Sect and it's beloved sect leader, greetings I as well as the elders of the Lan Sect wish to invite your sect disciples to attend the Gusu Lan Lectures though we won't force you to bring or force your disciples to attend. We also wish to invite you to attend the upcoming Cultivating World's Discussion Conference which will be held soon, so that we could be acquainted with your sect and in introducing your sect to the cultivating major and minor sects.

Thank you for spending your precious time reading our letter

Sincerely yours, Chief Cultivator and Gusu Lan Sect Leader Lan Xichen 

Once he finished reading the letter he double blinked his eyes and looked at the Lan Sect cultivators. His outer appearance looked calm and posed but inside his mind it's a bit messy and worried. 'Thankfully he's not here at the moment...'

He then handed the letter back to the female servant and tilted his head towards  Xiao Xingchen who was seated near him as he read the letter and inspected the context .

'These Lan disciples....what a pity that they came and were raised by hypocrites. Their qi is good for their age, but not good enough to reach immortality. But the one they call Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi..they seem to have a promising future even though they are affected by the curse' Gongsun Yingjie thought to himself while staring at the other side of the room.