Chapter 6 - Beth's POV

Chapter 6 – Beth's POV

Cole had been adamant about carrying the grocery bags back to the apartment, so we were walking, not hand in hand, since his were full.

I kept trying to help him out and he kept sort of dancing around me, to stop me.

"Come on, let me help," I whined reaching for a bag while he swung it away from me.

"No way in hell am I ever letting these precious hands of yours doing something as mundane as carrying grocery bags," he said with a teasing grin.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I carry grocery bags all the time Cole."

He shook his head, looking displeased. "A very sad fact. As far as I'm concerned these hands are only allowed to play the violin."

Now, I couldn't let that opportunity pass, could I?

"Oh yeah? My hands can only play the violin? They can't do anything else," I asked with a little smirk.

Cole dramatically gapped at me, like he was a shocked grandmother. "No, no, that's unacceptable."

"You can't think of anything, not one other thing?" I kept teasing him.

Cole faked like he was going to kick me in the shin. "Lilibeth Kitten Eaton, you're a wicked woman."

I ignored him, and kept pressing the matter. "Are you suuuuure? Nothing else? I can think of at least one thing they could do. Here, let me show you," I said and reached for his sides, to tickle him.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Cole protested, while I just kept with my attacks.

So, Cole switched the grocery bags in one of his hand, and then bended down a little and grabbed me around the waist before I could do anything against it and sung me over his shoulder.

I squealed in surprised, and tried to entangle myself from his hold on me, but I wasn't winning this fight. Cole was strong. "How is this even fair?" I said, incredulous, laughing.

Cole laughed too. "It's not. Never said I'd play fair."

"Puuuuut me doooown," I whined.

"Nope, not a chance."

"Cooooole."

"Oh yeah, say my name."

"You idiot," I told him, and then Cole turned his head and my bit my waist. "HEY! Did you just bite me?" He didn't answer he just bit me again and laughed. "Cole!"

"People are looking at me very weirdly," he said, ignoring my protests.

"Put me down before we get arrested," I warned him.

"Fiiiine," he finally complied, and set me back on my feet.

I shook my head at him, still laughing though.

The silly boy.

I kissed his cheek, and grabbed on of the grocery bags from him.

We walked back to the apartment, hand in hand.

"Is Nikki gonna eat with us?" Cole asked, as I closed the door behind us, back at my place.

"Oh, no, I think that she's staying at our friends' place tonight," I answered, trying to be evasive.

I did not want to have to mention the note Nikki left me.

Cole didn't press the matter, and we set out to prepare our dinner after that, the both of us starving at that point.

Cole made salmon tartare while I toasted the slices of baguette in a pan with butter.

We worked around each other in my small kitchen like this was a daily routine.

Out of the million things I loved about Cole, one of my favourite things about him was the way we always worked so well together. We were a good team. I didn't have this kind of complicity with anyone else.

I wasn't just attracted to this insanely good-looking boy. I was also comfortable with him. It felt natural to interact with him.

It always felt... right to be with him, like I was exactly where I was supposed to be at his side.

My feelings for Cole had always come from more than just physical attraction. It was a gut feeling, that this person right there was the missing piece of the puzzle. He was the only one supposed to fit.

After we were done preparing dinner, we sat at the table and had wine and tartare. I felt very much like an adult at the moment. It was a strange feeling and realization.

We tried to catch the other up with what was going on in our lives. I knew Cole had been busy with a case at his law firm, but it was always interesting to hear him talk about it.

And my life was so hectic that it was easy for people around me to have no idea what I was doing. I had no idea what I was doing most of the time. I had too many projects.

When we were done eating, I got up to clean up our plates, but Cole grabbed my hand and pulled me on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"What's that for?" I asked him softly, chuckling a little.

"I just really, really missed you," he admitted in a whisper.

I ran a hand through his hair. "I've really, really missed you too."

We stayed like that for a few countless breaths, and finally, I kissed the top of his head and entangled from his embrace, smiling back at him.

After everything was cleaned up, I sadly remembered that I still needed to do some reading for my class the next day, so we settled my cramped living room. I read on my tablet, while Cole watched a random show on television, his head on my lap.

There was something slightly intoxicating about the mundanity of this moment. We weren't doing anything grandiose, but for some reason, it made me so happy.

I wanted these small moments with Cole after all, not just the grand ones.

I had to wake up early in the morning, so we didn't stay up too late. I went to take a shower and when I came back to my room, Cole had already fallen asleep in my bed.

I chuckled at the sight of my house cat that needed fourteen hours of sleep every day.

I turned off the lights and snuggled into bed beside him, still hoping that this was not just a dream.
______________
Helloooo my little Pumpkins!

I hope you loved my cozy little kittens in this chapter. It's really mostly how this story is going to go, just them being adorable!

Alright, going to sleep now. See you guys next week! :D