Chapter 18 - Beth's POV

Chapter 18 – Beth's POV

I was tucked in Cole's arms staring at the hills of Friedrich's painting.

Cole had been smiling, but he was a little quiet. I could feel it, he was being gloomy because he could feel our time together coming to an end soon.

It was such an odd thing to be the one feeling more hopeful in between us two. I knew how he was feeling. He had to go back soon, and it tore him apart.

It saddened me too.

But I was able to look at the bigger picture.

This was just the beginning. We were going to have a whole life together. And even if living far away from him was rough, I didn't regret my decision to move to Berlin.

I loved my life here, and I love the life I was building for myself.

I would have regretted it if I hadn't let myself live this life.

We kept checking around the museum and I took notes and sketches to give myself ideas. All art was connected for me.

After our tour, we went to sit by the fountain in front of the Alte Nationalgalerie.

Cole raised his face, smiling at the clear blue sky.

It was a beautiful day. And he was a beautiful boy.

I took out my phone.

I grabbed his face and smooched a kiss on his cheek, taking a picture of us. Cole laughed at my boldness, and then kissed me back.

"You're so cute," he said against my cheek.

"Look, we don't have many pictures together, and I want more," I said with a pout.

"It would probably be easier for us to get pictures together if we told our families and friends about us," Cole pointed out.

He was right. But I wasn't changing my opinion on this.

"Probably, but we're both stubborn and these idiots are still betting on our love life," I replied.

"It's really annoying," he agreed.

"It really is."

"Glad I'm not the only one ticked off by it," he said and chuckled.

"It just feels like they're not taking us seriously. Or that they're acting like they know us and our own relationship better than we do. It feels very rude to me," I explained.

I couldn't specifically point out what it was about it that annoyed me so much, but it just did. Like they thought they knew us better than we did. They didn't know the complexity of our relationship, and they weren't the one that were going to dictate when we were going to get together.

"It's also intrusive, and I don't know, none of their business?" Cole said.

"And we're petty," I said, chuckling.

"We are, but that's okay. We're petty together."

I got up and offered him my hand. He took it. "Come on, let's go."

We stopped at a fancy restaurant on our way back home, and we let ourselves splurge.

We drank pricey wine and ate expensive food.

I didn't do this often, so it felt nice and special.

It felt grown-up, something I was still having a hard time wrapping my head around.

I was an adult.

With our bellies full, we headed back home.

This had felt like a good day.

And when we were back in my room, we kept making up for these years of longing for each other, getting to know each other under the cover of the night.

Monday came back again. I had school and practices.

Cole whined a lot as I got ready for school.

I wanted to whine too, but was trying to be the strong one here.

I had a busy day, so it helped in not feeling too sad.

I had no time for it.

Cole came to meet me after practice. I sneaked him in after everyone had left, and dragged him to the stage where we did our performances.

"Am I allowed here?" Cole asked in a whisper.

I chuckled and replied my voice at a normal level. "Probably not. If they ask you questions, start talking in Thai."

"Oh yes, infallible plan," Cole joked.

I took my phone and scrolled through the songs I had on it, finding Vaughan Williams Fantasia on Tallis and started to play it, raising the volume as high as it could go.

"Oh, I remember that," Cole said with a nostalgic smile.

"Do you remember the moves?" I asked him, and got into the right position.

"Probably not, no," he admitted, chuckling, but still came to stand where he was supposed to.

"It's fine, I don't either," I told him, and took his hand in mine, before starting to dance.

I could remember parts of this dance, muscle memory was useful, but there were parts that I improvised too.

Cole followed my lead and we danced around, like two kids just playing. Cole was a little rusty, but he still managed to keep up.

We laughed and smiled at each other, any worries about our impending separation put on the back burner.

These moments would make up for the time we were apart.

The music started to rise, and Cole lifted me off my feet.

I wanted to keep dancing with him for the rest of my life. 

______________

Hello my Kittens! :D

I hope you enjoyed this week's chapters and that you're not too sad that there are only two chapters left.

I really love Beth in this story. I love how more mature she's become and the way she's figuring out who she is. Her voice has always been very soft in my head, but with Together in Berlin her voice become more set, more sure. I really love her character and the way she's evolving.

Anyway, I'll leave you alone now.

Thank you so soooo much for supporting this little story of mine.

See you all next week! <3