Chapter 15 - Cole's POV

So, unexpectedly we were going to a nightclub tonight. I was definitely not against it as I leaned against the doorframe of Beth's bathroom, looking at her putting makeup on.

I always found Beth to be cute and adorable and beautiful. But Lilibeth Eaton was also fugging sexy.

I hadn't realized she went out to clubs with her friends often on the weekend.

Thinking about Beth in a little skirt and tight shirt going out on a Saturday night every week did things to me.

I really wish sometimes I could switch place with Nikki, and be with her all the time. Or at least I wish Beth had been older or I had been younger so we could have gone to school together. She should have been Jayden's twin that way we could have gone to college together and I wouldn't have to miss out on sexy Beth on the weekends.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm almost done," Beth said, putting mascara on.

"Beth, Kitten, love, take aaaaall the time you need," I told her with a little smirk.

She looked at me with an eyebrow raised and laughed. "Well, that's a cheeky smile if I've ever seen one."

"Tonight might be dangerous," I admitted looking at her cherry red lips.

She smirked at me. "I'm counting on it."

We took the bus to the club, sitting side by side. Beth's knees were bouncing with excitement, as she looked at me smiling.

Her enthusiasm was infectious.

I liked this Beth. When she was younger, she struggled with depressive moods. I didn't think she'd magically transformed into a human being that was cheery all the time, but she'd found a balance as she grew up, one that made me smile and proud for some reason.

It was strange to reconcile the Beth that would lock herself in her room crying while playing the violin, and the girl sitting beside me, giddy with joy, her fingers clutching a corner of my jacket.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Beth chuckled.

I chuckled with her too. I couldn't help it. "Like what?"

"I don't know, like I'm Fluffy and I just did a weird trick you somehow didn't show me and you're all proud."

I laughed more. "That was oddly specific."

"It's a specific smile."

I just shook my head, a smile still on my lips and hooked my arm around her neck, to get her head closer and kissed the top of her head.

I lowered my arm a bit after, but Beth stayed tucked in like that beside me.

Once we got to the club, Beth knew exactly where to go.

Her friends spotted her immediately and cheered as they were gathered around a table, some of them by the dancefloor.

She didn't bother with presentations as it was very loud and ultimately useless to try to scream at me the name of her friends.

I'd greet them properly another time.

A few minutes later, we were all on the dancefloor.

I quickly understood her friends here were all from her dance classes. It was the way they moved around each other. There was a certain synchronicity I'd only ever seen in dancers before.

They'd do bits of choreography following the beat of the music, switching things up and goofing around.

Beth looked like she was having the time of her life.