Chapter 20 - Beth's POV

Chapter 20 – Beth's POV

Cole was leaving today.

Our days together had passed in a blur.

I tried not to feel too sad about our parting because this had been a surprised visit. It was time we hadn't even been supposed to have together to begin with.

I was trying not to be too greedy.

These days were more than I could have hoped for.

And Cole really felt like my boyfriend now, more than ever.

He'd met my friends and spent his days at my apartment. And we'd finally made love.

I'd have a lot of restless nights now, thinking about Cole's hands and mouth on my body.

I was already looking forward to our next time together and to feel this close with him again.

We stayed closed in the morning as I got ready to go to class.

I really, really didn't want to leave without him, so I actually dragged him to university with me, and met up with my teacher.

Cole wasn't complaining.

I managed to convince my teacher to let Cole audit on of my classes, so we sat together, side by side, listening to one of my lectures.

            Cole was very well behaved, so I was proud. Also, the teacher asked a question at one point, and Cole answered it right.

            I felt like a proud parent to an AP student.

There was something really magical about having Cole in class with me like this.

It made me think about what it could have been like if we had gone to school, or college together.

There was no use in imagining something impossible, but the thought still warmed my heart.

It would have been so sweet to share these moments together.

I guess we couldn't have everything.

My next class afterwards was at one o'clock and Cole's plane left at two, so I went back to the apartment with him, so he could grab his stuff before leaving.

I tried to eat a sandwich for lunch, but I wasn't hungry.

Cole wasn't either.

"We really need to stop being this dramatic. My reading week is next month. I can always fly to Brooklyn then. One month is nothing. We're both so busy. It'll fly right by," I told him.

Cole half smiled. "I know. But this was just..."

"Perfect," I finished for him.

We smiled at each other. "Yes."

"Aren't you glad to know that we're really perfect together now?" I told him, chuckling.

"Oh, because we weren't before?" Cole replied teasingly.

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I meant."

"I do," Cole smiled and leaned over the table, pressing a kiss to my lips. "I really like this little apartment."

"Me too," I agreed.

I didn't know if I was lucky because I would still live within these walls, in the place where we first made love, or it would make everything harder for me because I'd see him in every room.

"I'll be back," Cole assured me.

"You better."

We finally managed to both eat a little.

Cole gathered his things and called a cab, and I waited for it with him on the sidewalk.

We were hugging each other, swaying on our feet like we were slow dancing way too close.

"We're really awful people, with all that PDA," Cole said against my hair.

I laughed. "People better suck it up, I don't get you for very long."

A car slowed down.

His cab.

Cole's hands dropped.

"Well, I guess this is it Miss Eaton," he said, picking up his bag from the ground.

"I guess it is Mister Torres," I told him with a sad smile.

"I love you," he said, kissing my temple, a hand behind my head.

I closed my eyes. "I love you too."

He took a step back. I opened my eyes. "Call me," he said.

"All the time," I agreed. "Have a safe flight."

We hugged again, smiling at each other. I wouldn't cry. There was no use in crying.

            Finally, Cole sat in the cab, his eyes never leaving mine.

            The car drove away.

            I looked at it until it turned in a street and disappeared from my sight.

            I felt heavy in my chest, and suddenly very, very alone.

            Our time together had gone too fast.

            I wanted to bring him back here.

            But I couldn't.

            Instead, I headed back to university for my next class.

I didn't run to the airport to kiss him one last time, because this was real life and airport security was no joke.

I didn't need one last kiss.

This wasn't an end.

It was just a beginning.

The End

__________________

Hello for the last time my little Kittens!

Well. Here is is. The last chapter. The story is finally over. I really really hope you enjoyed it.

I'm so glad I got to tell Beth and Cole's story like this. I know this ends by saying that this was just a beginning, but for me, it was an end.

I started to feel it as I was writing these last chapters, the end of Beth and Cole story for me. It was a very strange experience. I rarely feel this kind of ending before.

I think I'm pretty satisfied with Blake and Lexi's kids stories now though.

I think the only person that might get a story eventually in The Spawns universe is Nikki. Otherwise, I like the way this ends. I like it's world of opportunities, but the way Beth and Cole are happy together.

I might change my mind in the future, but I think that's pretty much it for now.

I hope you guys loved it. I hope it satisfied your Cole and Beth needs from The Spawns of not having them as a couple.

And I hope you'll have fun reading my other stories too. If you want another fun story of mine Tenth Knot is pretty cool. ;P

Anyway! Thank you soooooo much again, for your comments and your support and to the silent readers too, who came back week after weeks. You're all very very precious to me!

THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU GUYS! <3