Chapter 11 - Cole's POV

Chapter 11 – Cole's POV

My head was pounding. It was also spinning.

I should be opening my eyes. I should be moving. But it felt like if I moved even an inch I would barf.

God, I was not a good drinker.

I really shouldn't have caved in to the peer pressure yesterday.

I kinda wanted to punch myself, but it already felt like someone had punched my head, so I guess I was already suffering the punishment.

I hadn't drunk enough to have blacked out though, and forgotten parts of my night, so I knew exactly where I was right now.

I also clearly remembered what I had done last night, and kind of felt like an idiot.

I should be making out with Beth when I was sober, not when I was a drunk mess.

I was alone in her bed now. I had no idea what time it was. Maybe Beth had already gone to school.

I took a deep breath, trying to psych myself up, and find the strength to kept out of bed without being sick.

That was all I really wanted, to keep the little dignity I had left and not be sick.

I turned on my back and I had to press my hands on my face to try to stop the spinning. I actually poke a leg out of the bed and put my foot on the floor, and that helped a bit.

"Is Sleeping Beauty waking up from her slumber?" Beth asked, and I cracked an eye open to see her standing by the door.

I made a pained sound. She laughed.

"I don't think I like your friends anymore Beth. I'm never going out with them again," I whined.

She chuckled while I closed my eye again. "I'll protect you next time. I won't let you drink that much. I'd kind of forgotten how much of a lightweight you are," she said.

I scoffed. "You'd forgotten? I'm hurt."

"Don't pout you little drunk," Beth laughed.

I chuckled a little, my eyes still closed, my foot still on the ground to stop the spinning. "I'm sorry about yesterday... when we got back..."

"It's okay, it's not the first time Drunk-Cole's made a pass at me," she said, and I could hear the smile in her voice. I also, once again felt like an idiot. "Whenever we drink you end up flirty and tipsy in like three seconds in a half."

"Hey don't make fun of me, I have no control over how my body processes alcohol."

"Drink more, that ought to build your tolerance."

"Paaaaaaaaain," I just said, ignoring her remark and making her laugh. "But, honestly, sorry," I repeated.

I remembered clearly being kissed back last night, but I also knew drunk people shouldn't be making any decisions when it came to making out.

"Don't apologize. It was a good kiss. Good kisses," she replied softly.

In different circumstances, this admission would have probably made me blush a little. Right now, I was just very untimely hit by a wave a nausea.

"Oh, I'm gonna be sick," I whined, hiding my face in one of Beth's pillow.

Beth gasped, feigning being offended. "What? Because I mentioned our kissing?"

"Stop making fun of me," I whined again.

Beth walked up to me and stroked my back. The physical contact was actually kind of comforting, and slightly grounding. My head spun a little less. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you if you get sick," she assured me.