Chapter 7 - Cole's POV

Chapter 7 – Cole's POV

Beth woke up at the crack of dawn in the morning. She had ballet practice and violin practice, and classes, so she couldn't oversleep and stay cuddled up in my arms.

I was slightly disappointed, but also understood the fact that Beth couldn't drop absolutely everything just because I was here.

She was a busy girl.

My busy girl.

But I was still Coleridge Torres and it would take me a lot to get me out of bed before ten in the morning if I didn't need to work, so I stay in Beth's bed, snuggling her pillow, cocooned in her duvet.

Beth kept laughing at me every time she would walk in the room, calling me cute.

I'd wake up early in the morning each day if it meant I would always have mornings like this with her.

Long after Beth was gone, and I finally got out of bed, I got dressed and headed out to a little café.

Today I needed to call Jayden so I'd make sure he wouldn't figure out where I was and with who I was.

So, I couldn't make the call in Beth's apartment. I was sure it would turn into Facetime, and there was no way in hell I was going to get caught by the most unobservant guy on the planet.

I did the quick math in my head, to make sure I knew what time it was back in Brooklyn, and called my best friend.

The second he picked up he yelled, "SHOW ME THAT GORGOUS FACE," in my ears and his face appeared on my screen.

I picked up the Facetime call, rolling my eyes.

The décor behind me was neutral enough that I could be in any random café back in New York.

"Afternoon, you needy bitch," I greeted him.

"Aw, if it isn't Colishoomoomoo, gracing us with a call," Jayden crooned, and Maika walked up to him, probably sitting on his lap, because now I could see both their faces on my screen.

"You say shit like that, and then you wonder why I don't call you?" I told him, not surprised by the silly nickname. I'd heard much worse. "Yo, Tiger, could you please control your man," I told my sister-from-another-mister.

"If you don't think I already got him on a leash, you really don't know me," she replied with a smug little grin, while Jayden just nodded beside her like an obedient little boy.

"Match made in heaven," I said, chuckling.

"You know it babay," Maika replied.

"So, what are you up to?" Jayden asked, getting us back on more serious matters.

I sighed, like I was tired and overworked, because this was what I wanted to sell. "I've got a shit ton of work to go over, so I've been super busy, sorry for not calling sooner. I'll be neck deep in research for a few more days too. But don't worry, I keep a set of naked pictures of you close by for motivation."

I didn't particularly enjoy lying to my best friends, but for years now, they'd been betting with our parents on when Beth and I would get together, and we would give no one the satisfaction of winning that stupid bet.

"I wouldn't expect anything less," Jayden replied, satisfied.

"How are you guys doing?" I asked them.

"Fine. Maika is overworked," Jayden automatically answered, while Maika made an annoyed face.

"I'm not overworked," she whined.