Chapter 19 - Cole's POV

Chapter 19 – Cole's POV

I was leaving tomorrow.

            I wanted to think about anything else, but it was always nagging at the back of my mind.

            I kept thinking, "is this the last time I'm doing this before I leave," and just making myself sad for no reason.

"Why are you acting like you're going off to war or something," Lilibeth teased me as we ate take-out sitting on the floor in her living room. "You're just going back home. We can call each other every day. And I'll fly over as soon as I have some days off. And you can always come back. We'll see each other again. And we'll talk together all the time. We'll be fine."

"But it's not the same," I whined and let myself fall, resting my head on her lap.

She smiled down at me, stroking my hair. "I know, but think about how much sweeter it'll be once we do get to be together because we've been apart."

"I'd prefer no distance, ever."

"You can always move to Berlin," she teased me.

Honestly? Part of me was kinda thinking about it.

She was still going to be living here for two years.

We wouldn't live together for at least another two years.

I knew it would go by fast, but at the same time it felt like an eternity.

Two years of surviving on quick trips and stolen moments.

I wanted to build my life with this girl. I was ready for it.

But I guess I still needed to be patient.

"When we'll be forty, this will all be sweet memories," she tried to reassure me, still stroking my hair.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling.

It was such a comforting thing, to have someone stroke your hair. I didn't know why that was.

As it had been established many times, I was definitely a house cat, that wanted head scratches.

"I know you're right, sorry for being so gloomy," I told Beth, my eyes still closed.

She kissed my eyelid. "Don't ever apologize for feeling something. It's always legitimate. And I actually like being the more hopeful one out of us two. Makes me feel all grown up."

I chuckled and opened my eyes, looking up at her. "You're adorable."

She booped my nose. "Yes, you've mentioned."

"Have I also mentioned I loved you more than anything in the world," I told her, hugging her around the waist.

"It's been implied," she chuckled too.

We cleaned up after we were done eating, and I found myself brushing my hand against her back, or kissing her in passing over and over again, like I needed the constant contact.

I really had issues.

I was going to get annoying if I kept this up, but luckily for me, Beth didn't complain.

Nikki still hadn't come back to her apartment, so we kissed recklessly.

I would probably need to give Beth's cousin a gift basket at some point to thank her for giving us privacy.

Beth really had a good best friend.

We hid in Beth's bedroom again.

At this point, we were getting more accustomed with each other's body.

There was something absolutely thrilling with learning about each other this way, in such an intimate way.

Nobody knew Beth like this. Only me.

I probably liked that too much.

"Imagine it, one day we'll have a place of our own, and you'll have made the world a better place with your work, and I'll have hopefully created something lasting with my art," Beth said softly, resting on top of me, her ear pressed to my chest to listen to my heart beating fast.

"We'll change the world in our own way," I replied softly, stroking her back.

"And we'll fall asleep every night in each other's arms," she said, lifting her head, resting her chin on my chest to look in my eyes.

"And still, nobody in our families will know we're together," I joked and we both laughed.

"How fucking hilarious would that be?" she said, and I felt a little thrill at hearing her swear. She didn't swear often. I always loved it when she did.

"It would bring me great joy."

"We'll take care of Fluffy together," she said, and kissed my skin.

"What about kids?" I asked, curious. We'd never really talked about kids.

"Giving birth scares me honestly," Beth admitted. "Our mothers didn't have the best track record."

She was definitely right about that.

"You're right. And I don't mind not having kids. It would mean I can keep you all to myself," I told her and squeezed her in my arms.

I could feel all of her against all of me, as we laid like this, resting after exhausting ourselves.

"And if we do want children we could actually adopt," Beth said.

"We could. But we still have a lot of time to think about that."

"And our plans could always change."

"Yes."

"As long as we're together."

"As long as we're together," I agreed, and kissed her, turning us around, my lips finding hers again.

We slept very little like we were trying to make up for all the time we'd waited to finally be together, and all the time we'd need to wait in the future.

There was a lot to make up for.

________________________

Hello my little Kittens!

There is was. The last chapter in Cole's POV. Tomorrow you'll have the last chapter. I hope you enjoyed the ride these characters have taken you on.

I'll ramble more tomorrow.

In the meantime, have a nice day and see you all tomorrow! <3