〚 ch: twenty-three 〛

jeongwoo and jio was sprawled on the sofa as they watched some movie with haruto quietly eating snacks and some cola. they spent the whole morning cleaning the house, and after eating lunch, the three of them slept together in the living room. they just woke up and decided to watch some movie to kill some time.

"papa, it's boring"

"yeah" haruto and jeongwoo lazily said.

haruto looked up to jeongwoo as both laughed when they realized that they said it in unison. haruto went back to watching the movie while jeongwoo went to the kitchen to get some refill for the snacks. he hummed a song as he went back to the living room but stopped when he felt his phone vibrating inside his pocket. his brows furrowed when he saw that it was an unregistered number, he walked to the table and placed the bowl filled with snacks and answered the call.

"hello?" haruto lifted his head when he heard jeongwoo

"is this officer park?" a deep voice filled his ear as the man spoke from the other line. it was very unfamiliar and he doesn't have a clue who is it

jeongwoo clicked his tongue and decided to climb upstairs leaving haruto wondering who the officer's talking to "yes, who is this?"

the man chuckled, "i'm haru yoshida."

jeongwoo stepped outside of the car, his eyes wandered around the place. the house was located in leone village, an exclusive one and obviously for elites. it was a modern tudor style mansion with a steeply pitched, multi-gabled roofs and decorative half-timber framing.

haru yoshida must be rich.

suddenly, the door opened revealing a man dressed in all black. black slim wool coat, turtleneck sleeve, and pants paired with a black leather chelsea boots. his hands tucked inside his pocket as he stared at the officer.

"officer park," he trailed off, now walking towards jeongwoo. the man stopped in front of him and reached out his hand, "it's nice meeting you, thank you for hearing my sudden request." he smiled.

"nice to meet you too mr.yoshida, don't worry. i was told to cooperate with you on this mission" he said in a formal tone as he gripped the man's hand and also smiled.

the man chuckled as they pulled away from the handshake, "just call me haruka"

jeongwoo nodded but suddenly thought of haruto, they almost have the same name.

he smiled, "just jeongwoo" and both of them walked inside the house.

jeongwoo was amazed as he passed by a large, central entrance where lies just past two massive lion statues. it boasts marbled floors and jeweled chandeliers, which lead into the sprawling wide interior. adjacent the foyer lies a ballroom where surely, prim and proper ball gown-adorned guests can dance upon the parquet wood floors. antique light fixtures and ornate paintings hang from the walls. on one side sits a classic steinway piano and to the other, a 1938 porter music box.

"a fly might go inside your mouth jeongwoo, careful" haruka jokingly said as he made his way to the grand marble staircase

jeongwoo immediately as he closed his mouth and followed the man. haruka must've seen him staring at the whole place in awe with his mouth open.

he chuckled, "this place is too fancy for a fly to roam around, i doubt there's even one"