𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, the sorting ceremony

<<>>

<<>>

𝐉𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋, 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌. An old witch with a pointed hat and grey hair greeted them in front of the door and began talking as soon as they quieted down, "Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup. We will begin momentarily."

The professor disappeared behind the large doors and the first years began talking again, Cassiopeia turned to Josie, "Why is your nickname Josie?"

Josie looked over to the blonde and shrugged, "I guess its always been my nickname, don't really remember a time where someone didn't call me that."

"Well, here's to new times, Josette." Cordelia spoke up, Josie shook her head.

"I don't really like my name."

Cassiopeia turned to her with a small grin, "I think it's pretty, but I'll still call you Josie if it makes you feel more comfortable. Though if you ever want to switch to a new nickname or to your normal name, I will."

The doors reopened and the same lady came back out, "We are ready for you now."

<<>>

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." Professor McGonagall informed the first years who nodded in understanding. "Elora Blackwell."

Elora looked at the others with widened eyes and nervously walked to the stool and sat down. The hat was placed on her head, "Ah, here we go, Slytherin!"

"Cordelia Black."

Cordelia looked at her friends with a nervous look, they all smiled in encouragement. Cordelia's dad wouldn't be mad if she was sorted into other houses besides Slytherin, she just wanted to be in that particular house. Her friends were most likely going to be there. Cordelia walked up to the stool and sat, her legs crossed, the hat was placed on her head, "Slytherin!"

"Roger Davis."

A boy with dark hair did the same as the two before him and went up there, "Ravenclaw!"

"Cedric Diggory."

The boy from the train went up and sat on the stool, "Hufflepuff!"

It was the same for the others that went. The Lestrange boy and Malfoy girl were both in Slytherin instantly and now it was Josie's turn, "Josette Monroe."