Chapter 9

We pulled up at his house. It was very large and beautiful and I soon recognized it. I had been there before. The house used to be owned by a childless couple but they moved away. "Is anybody home?" "Nope, my parents are still at work.." My heart started to beat a little faster. I was a little nervous because we were going to alone together. I guess the nervousness was obvious because he asked, "Is that okay?" I nodded and smiled lightly. "Yeah, that's totally fine." We entered his beautiful home. "Make yourself comfortable, you hungry?" "Nah, not really but I am really thirsty honestly." He went to the kitchen. I followed. "Okay, what do you want to drink?" He went over to the fridge. "We have soda, water, milk, and juice." "Um, water would be great." "Here you go," he said as he handed me a glass of water. I drank some and then sat it down as gently as I could on the marble counter. "So, where are all your movies?" He led me back into the giant living room. I ended up picking an older movie called Bonnie and Clyde. I sat next to Corey on the couch and the heat from his body was radiating towards me. We were so close we were almost touching. The movie soon came to an end. "Well, that wasn't too bad, I have actually never watched it before until now." He smiled at me and stretched. "So, what now?" I didn't say anything, I just looked at his lips. Seconds were ticking by and finally he got closer to me. "I can tell that your afraid of getting hurt," he whispered. "You don't have to worry though, I would never hurt you." I looked into his eyes and then looked away. I tear streamed down my face. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "For what?"
"For being so distant, for being scared to jump and take a chance." "It's okay, we all have scars. You lost your brother Winnie. I'm not going to rush you. We can take our time, and when the time is right it will be perfect." I nodded and he looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes. He was closer now and his thumb brushed the single tear that was trickling down my cheek. There was that little spark again. I smiled. I calmed down and we went outside and jumped on his trampoline. It was so fun. I jumped up and down and had such a good time. "This is so fun!" I shouted as we jumped higher and higher. We jumped and laughed and fell flat on our backs at the same time. The sun was shining and the clouds were every where in the sky. Corey and I laid on our backs and looked up at the clouds. "Winnie?" "Mm hmm?" I mumbled as I closed my eyes. The warm sun shined comfortingly upon my soft skin. "Thank you for coming over." I opened my eyes and rolled over on my side to face him. The sun was shining perfectly on his face. He was beautiful. I smiled warmly and said softly ," You're welcome Corey." He smiled that smile that I absolutely love and then soon after this he took me home. My mom wasn't home when we got there. "Well, I guess I will see you at school tomorrow," I said. I was still sitting in his car. "Yep, unfortunately we have to go back since tomorrow is only Thursday." "Yeah. Thanks for the ride," I said. "No problem. I had fun. We should definitely do this again soon." I looked down at my hands and smiled. "Yes, we should." I got out of his car and started to walk up the steps to the front door. I turned around and smiled and waved right before he drove away. He waved back of course and smiled and then drove away. I watched as his car turned back down the street and disappeared. I walked into my house and closed the door behind me. I sighed and giggled to myself like I was twelve. I think I really like this guy....

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, did you enjoy it? I hope you did! Look forward to chapter 10 soon! ☺️