Chapter 20

"So, what seems to be the problem?"

I spoke before Corey could say anything.

"Your son tried to kill me," I said bravely.

Derek's dad sat there speechless.

"Oh, and Hannah? That girl who y'all have been trying to find? Yeah, she alive. Shes in on it too."

He then chuckled and said, "Wow, kids these days. They make up the craziest stories!"

"She's not lying!" Corey said angrily.

Derek's dad desperately looked back and forth between me and Corey. I almost felt sorry for him.

"You are serious?" he said

I nodded.

I stuck out my arm.

"You see these? These are bruises from the rope they used to tie me up. I sat in a chair for 5 hours with no food, no water, nothing."

"I'm so sorry Winslow. I- I just can't believe Derek would do this."

"I understand it's a shock, it was for me too. You see, I thought he was being honest when he told me he didn't know about Hannah's whereabouts. But he wasn't being honest," I said bitterly.

"Were are they now?" He asked sternly.

"At your house, they kept me in the basement."

Later on the next day, Derek and Hannah were found and arrested. Everything slowly turned back to normal.

"Corey?"

"Yeah?"

We had went to the park that day and we were both laying on a small sheet while looking up at the blue sky."

"Thank you."

He looked over at me.

"For what?"

"For believing in me, for taking such good care of me."

He leaned over and kissed me gently on the forehead."

"Your welcome, love," he said and smiles softly.

"Winnie?"

"Mm hmm?" I mumbled sleepily.

"Thank you."

I smiled and closed my eyes.

"For what?"

"For your brave words. For your kind words. For saying and doing the bravest things. You are one of the toughest people I have ever met."

I know this chapter is short, but the next chapter will be longer I promise! Thank you all for being freakin amazing and reading my stories! 😍 Love you guys so much,
Kev