Part 4

After Chemistry we went to lunch. The line was extremely long but me and Corey stood and waited anyway. We talked and it turns out that Corey was very smart and he was also rather good at sports. He explained to me about how he loved Hockey. I explained to him that I lacked excellent athletic abilities. The lunch line finally began to move and we sat down at our table with 15 minutes left to eat out food. "I know this is random, but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after school sometime?" I looked up from my food. "Yeah, that would be great. We could have more time to talk." He smiled at my response and I smiled back. "So, does tomorrow sound good? We could just chill if you want. I have movies at my house and we could watch one.." "That sounds fantastic to me." "Great, so I will see you at my house tomorrow?" We put up our trays and headed to class and I said, "Yep, its a date!" He smiled his special smile that I loved and said , "Awesome! Bye Winslow."

I sat in the next class while the teacher rambled on about some stupid crap that I would probably never use in my life. As I sat in my boredom I felt someone staring at me. I looked back and sure enough he was. His eyes were like sharp daggers piercing through me. Derek Graddy was an old ex boyfriend who used to hit me and hurt me. I broke up with him shortly after my brother passed. Derek was an awful person who treated girls terribly. I was a stupid idiot for dating him. I remember the first time he hit me. We had went out on a date and we were in the car alone. "Derek just stop. I'm not doing this okay? You are being an asshole." He would not stop touching me and I remember how much I wanted to get out of that car and run home. "Come on, it's the perfect night for us to do this. Nobody is around and your parents don't expect you home for another hour and a half." He continued to touch me and kiss my neck. I shoved him off of me and he got angry. Within seconds after I shoved him he slapped me across the face. I sat there and cried for a while and he sat there apologizing over and over. "Take me home now Derek." I looked straight ahead as I spoke and when he did not answer or respond I yelled, "Take me home now goddammit!" I will never forget that night. He has hated me ever since we broke up. He seems to think that I belong to him. He continued to look at me that whole class period. I left the class and was greeted by Derek in the hall. "What do you want?" "Nothing in particular, just wanted to know who your new boyfriend is." I started to walk. "He is not my boyfriend and it is none of your damn business who I talk to." He smiled and said, "You know you still care for me. Maybe I still care for you. We could work things out." I didn't respond. "You are lucky that I'm offering this ya know." I stopped walking and looked at him straight in the eye. "How about you just leave me the fuck alone?" After I said this I walked away and did not care enough to look back.