Chapter One: Out drinking

~~I don't own these photos, I find them on Pinterest.~~~~Give you an idea what Violet looks like~~

With a sigh, I lift my cup to take a drink. This was supposed to be a party, and only one friend showed up. He was supposed to be watching my cup while I went to the bathroom. However, when I came back he was nowhere to be seen.

"Don't drink that." A man says as he sits beside me. He covers the cup with a massive hand, forcing me to set it back down. I stiffen a little, startled by how big this guy is.

"That guy over there..." He uses a single finger to point at a man watching us. The man he points at is skinny and awkward-looking. I know he has been watching me since I got here. That's why Teddy was supposed to watch my drink.

"Put something in your cup while you were gone." I look up at the man sitting beside me, squeaking when I see who it is. Henry freaking Cavill is sitting beside me, a beer in hand.

"That was adorable. I can't say a woman has squeaked at me before. Miss, can you get her a new drink please?" He asks the woman behind the bar. She nods and takes my cup. She pours me a new glass and sets it before me.

"So what is a young woman like you doing drinking alone?" He asks before taking a deep drink of his beer. It's startling how easily he is downing his beer.

"Honestly, I'm not alone," I growl, glaring over at my friend.

"Teddy over there was supposed to be here celebrating with me." I sigh, picking up the cup.

"I should have known as soon as he saw something cute he'd bail. Everyone bails..." I mutter, twirling the glass.

"What are you celebrating?"

"Well, firstly it was supposed to be for my twenty-first birthday. That was months ago but no one was ever available and I didn't want to drink alone. So we have been planning it for what seems like forever. Then we added that I graduated with my associate. It was supposed to be a big party..." I take a small sip of the drink before setting it down. It burns as it goes down my throat. I'm not even sure what it is. Teddy ordered it for me.

"Well, congratulations. I'm sorry it hasn't turned out. Getting any degree is impressive. What are you going to school for?" He asks, watching me closely.

"I'm training to be a physical therapist." I give him a small smile before looking away.

"Honestly, I'm thinking about leaving though." I sigh, swirling the drink in the glass.

"Well, that's no fun. You are still out to celebrate." He says before taking a long drink of his beer. He sets it down and asks for another one.

"Celebrating isn't the same alone." I take a huge drink of my drink, hissing a little as it burns down my throat.

"You aren't alone." He smiles before taking another drink. He has already nearly downed that beer too. He is downing these like water.

"I'm pretty sure you are drunk. That's the only reason someone like you would want to hang out with someone like me." I growl, letting the woman behind the bar take my cup.

"I'm not drunk, a little buzzed maybe. Why wouldn't I want to hang out with a beauty like you?" My cheeks flare an extremely dark shade of red as I look up at him.

"Beauty like me?" I scoff, looking away.

"I've just realized, I've been an absolute dick. Where are my manners? I'm Henry, and I haven't asked your name." He says, offering me a hand.

"Violet, but most people call me Vi. And I know who you are. I kind of have a massive crush on you." I mutter as my cheeks continue to grow darker. I take his hand and attempt to shake it. However, he stops me, lifting it to his lips.