Chapter Ten: Pain and sorrow

~~Contain sexual content~~

It's been two weeks since our 'fight'. Henry has reached out a few times but I haven't responded. I've barely even left my apartment. The only time I do leave is if I have to. I ran into Teddy once, shocked him when I walked right past. He followed me for a little bit before giving up. I jump when someone knocks, nervously heading to the door. I open it just a crack, surprised to see Marianne.

"We need to talk dear," she says sweetly.

"May I come in?" I step aside and let her in.

"I won't be long. By no means am I going to pretend I have any idea what happened between you and my son. What I do know is how it hurt him. He has lost all of his light. He is losing weight, missing appointments, secluded himself away. I went over yesterday and he won't even let me inside. Just talk to him, please. Even if it's just over the phone. I'm scared for his health, and yours from the look of it." She sighs, looking me up and down. I nod a little and watch her leave. With a sigh, I head up to my room. I take a quick shower, trying to wash away how terrible I look.

I change into a white wool crop top and pale plaid skirt. I pull on skin-tone stockings and pull out my shoes. They are the shoes from the shoot. Henry bought them for me after the shoot. When I didn't take them with me, he dropped them off at my door. He rang the bell and ran. I could see him running as I picked up the bag.

I add just a hint of makeup, just enough to hide the bags under my eyes. I towel dried my hair but it's still damp, so I blow dry it the rest of the way. Once it's dry I brush it out, leaving it down. I pull on a dark brown beanie with a little pompom on the top. I pull on my dusty brown trench coat with a sigh. It's pretty cold tonight.

Once outside, I lock my door and leave. It takes me nearly forty-five minutes to walk to his house. I freeze when I see his house, unsure if I should do this. The blinds are all closed and the house looks dark. But both vehicles are parked. I shake off my nervousness and try the door. It's locked, but I still have his key. I slip inside, shocked by what I see.

His house is an absolute mess. The sink is full of dishes, there are blankets all over the couch; along with a few towels, the garbage can is overflowing, it's just a mess. I hang my jacket on the coat rack, along with my hat. I hang my purse on the key rack before heading upstairs. If he was in the gym, I would be able to hear him. I find him in bed, covered by a single sheet. There are beer bottles everywhere. Kal is laying on the floor, obviously unhappy. When he sees me, he raises his head slightly.

"Come on." I purr, watching him spring to his feet. I put him outside and get started cleaning the house. It takes me two hours to get downstairs done. The worst room was his office. There were beer bottles and trash everywhere, food in his keyboard and on his mouse. That room alone took forty-five minutes. When I am done, I let Kal inside.

"On the couch." I point at the couch and he jumps up. I give him some love and head outside. I get the yard clean much faster. I take out the pile of garbage before carrying the now-empty bucket upstairs. The only rooms upstairs are his bedroom and the bathroom. I start in the bathroom, quickly cleaning it up. It's sad how much of a mess there is around the toilet. It's like he wasn't even trying, maybe he wasn't. When that is done I enter the bedroom. I clean up everything and take the garbage out before turning my attention to the bed. With a hard jerk, I remove him of the covers. He grunts, grunting again when I begin stripping the fitted sheet.

"What the fuck?" He groans, holding his head. It looks like he hasn't shaved since I left, and I don't like it. When his eyes meet mine, shock lights his face.

"Violet?" He questions, grunting again when I remove the pillow he is laying on. Without a word, I head downstairs and start the bedding. I hear him crash upstairs and rush upstairs.