Chapter Eleven: Game Time

~~Henry POV~~

I continue to cook breakfast, even as I hear her tiptoe down the stairs. She steps into the kitchen, but stops at the edge.

"Breakfast is almost...." I turn to her and freeze, my mouth hanging open. She is wearing a sheet, and nothing else. Though she has it wrapped around her, there is a large 'slit' up the side. Her entire right leg is exposed, and most of her side. I try to speak, but no words come out.

"Say something...." She whispers, visibly trembling. I snap my mouth shut and reach for the dials. I can't look away as I struggle to turn off the burners.

"Wow." I manage as I watch her. I take a step forward but freeze when she steps away.

"Tell me what you want, what you want me to do? I'm yours to command." I demand, taking a step back.

"I want you, and that scares me." She whispers, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Damn it, take me upstairs and fuck me!" She snaps, her eyes flying to the ground. She squeezes her eyes shut, obviously trying not to cry. My heart aches in my chest as I approach.

"No." I say softly, cupping her cheek in my large hand. She sees so small, so fragile.

"I will never fuck you. When you are ready, I'll make love to you whenever you ask. But I will never fuck you, and I certainly won't do it while you are shaking like this." My hands falls as I take the sheet in both hands. I carefully wrap her tightly and scoop her up. She bites her lip, so hard it looks like it might bleed. She is terrified, and I caused it. My heart feels like it might break as I carry her upstairs. I carefully lay her on the bed again.

"I will bring you a tray when it's done." I whisper, placing a firm kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry." She whispers as I go to pull away.

"I'm sorry I'm not good enough." She sobs as the tears break free. In an instant my heart breaks.

"No, baby." I sigh, leaning down to kiss her again. My own lips are trembling now.

"Oh my love. You are absolutely perfect in every way. I'd die if you changed a thing." I say firmly, kissing her forehead yet again. As I do, I wipe away her tears. With a sigh I pull her into my chest, making her look at me.

"No I'm not. I'm broken and fractured. I can't give you what other woman can....what you deserve." She sobs as I rest my forehead against hers.

"I deserve to be happy, you make me happy. And you aren't broken. You are just a little rusty. We are working off the rust, together. That's what couples do, they work together." I purr, kissing her before she can speak.

"You are so much better than I deserve." I add, my lips hoovering over hers.

"I love you." She whimpers, nuzzling my nose with hers.

"I love you too, so much. Now I'm going to finish breakfast. Stay here and relax." I demand with a soft smile. I kiss her again, firmer this time in the hope of making a point. She is smiling a little as I pull away, a good sign. I hear her crawl across the bed as I leave. I quickly finish breakfast and get the tray set. I carefully carry the tray up the stairs, smiling in the doorway. She is out cold, curled up to my pillow. Kal has jump back up on the bed, curled up to her legs. He has his head resting on her butt, a single paw up on her legs.

I carefully set the tray on the dresser and tiptoe around the room. With every creak of the floor, I freeze. When I get closer, Kal raises his head. Much to my surprise, Kal growls softly.