Chapter Five: Breakfast with the king

~~Nightmare~~

"Please daddy, I'm sorry." I whimper as he comes up behind me. My hands are chained above my head, my feet barely touching the ground. Around me in a blur, I can see the garage. Someone off in the distance I can hear kids laughing. The garage door opens, blinding me with sunlight.

"You have sinned, you must pay for that sin." He snarls, readying the whip. He rolls it with a flick of the wrist, making it snap onto the concrete over and over again.

"I didn't daddy. I didn't sin." I sob, trying to break free. I'm desperate to get away. I remember the pain, and I don't want to feel it again.

"You slept with him. You are not wed and you slept with him." He explains before the whip cracks. I scream in pain as it hits my bare back. Pain shoots from near my shoulder, down diagonally across my back.

"I didn't daddy. We just shared a bed." I sob as warm blood trickles down my back. Normally the dream is like the memory, but this time it's not. This time he is angry about Henry. He is angry we shared my bed, again. I had the same nightmare the night after Henry left last time. I had it again after spending the night at his house. I've never had it the night we slept together.

"Was he worth it, was he worth the pain?" He snarls and hits again. I scream again, searing pain shooting through my back. More blood drips down my back, hitting the dirty floor.

"Was he worth it?!" His voice fades as another voice fades in.

~~Henry POV~~

"Please....daddy...." I slowly open my eyes, groaning slightly. Violet is trembling in my arms, sobbing softly.

"I'm....sorry...." She sobs, obviously terrified.

"I....didn't....sin....." I look down at her in confusion. She suddenly screams, not very loud but it's startling. I jerk upright in surprise, her body curling away from me. Now she is curled up in a ball, sobbing.

"Violet, honey. You are safe. Wake up." I try to gently wake her but she doesn't rouse.

"I didn't daddy.....I didn't sin...." She begs as my grip grows more firm.

"Violet darling, wake up. You are safe I promise." I try harder to wake her as she physically fights me. She screams again, her eyes flying open. She tries to fly away from me but I manage to pin her down. Her face is covered in tears as her lip quivers.

"I didn't sin, I didn't sin." She sobs as she continues to fight me. I manage to pin her arms against her side with my thighs before catching her face. Luckily even as she fights she can't break free. One wrong move and she'll hit the family jewels.

"Baby, look at me," I demand, forcing her to look at me. I watch the glaze of sleep leave her eyes. Her body stills but she is still panting heavily. Her lip is quivering as more tears slide down her cheeks.

"It's okay baby," I whisper as I wipe away her tears. I place a firm kiss on her lips as I let her arms go. She carefully removes them, holding them bent to her sides. It's like she is scared to touch me, maybe she is.

"I'm sorry." She whispers with a hoarse voice. The poor thing sounds horrible.

"It's okay, it was just a nightmare." I roll off of her, resting on my side. She has stopped crying now but her eyes are still wet.

"It felt so real." She whimpers, hissing as she sits up. Her hand flies to her back as she attempts to straighten up. She gives up and hunches over. She keeps her hand on her back though. She is too young to have back pain. I pray I didn't hurt you. I had to get rougher with her than I would have liked. But she was heading for the edge of the bed. If she fell off she could have really hurt herself.