Chapter 4

The three of them ran, the demons behind them being slaughtered by traps of many kinds. Swinging logs, spike pits, wisteria curtains, everything. The slayers kept on running until the demon's could no longer chase them. Urokodaki led the two Hashiras to a small hut.

 Urokodaki led the two Hashiras to a small hut

Urokodaki closed the door and took a breath.

Giyuu looked at him. He was wearing the exact same haori he always wore. His hair was the same. His mask was just as polished as it was years ago.

Shinobu spoke up, interrupting his thoughts. "Wow... I've never seen traps of such craftsmanship..."

Urokodaki looked at her. "What?"

Shinobu smiled. "I was just admiring your works.

Urokodaki chuckled. "Oh."

Giyuu joined in as well. "Sensei, this is Shinobu Kochou, my partner in this mission. Kochou, this is Urokodaki-sensei."

Shinobu's face lit up.
So this guy was Giyuu's mentor...
She stood straight and bowed down. "Very pleased to meet you in the flesh, Urokodaki-sensei."

Urokodaki didn't bow back. In fact, he didn't move at all. He just stared at Shinobu.

Giyuu looked at him, concerned.
"What is it, sensei?"

Urokodaki walked up to Shinobu, grabbed her, and sent her flying towards a shoji door leading the other interior side of the hut, shattering it to splinters. Giyuu could hear a painful oomph as she fell to the floor.

"Sensei! What is the meaning of-"

"Bring out your arm." Urokodaki said as he took out his Nichirin blade and pointed it at Giyuu.

"Sensei, just breathe..." Giyuu tried to take back control of the situation

"Don't make me repeat myself!" Urokodaki yelled as he pressed the tip of the blade to Giyuu's chest.

"Okay, okay!" Giyuu shot his arm out, his palm wide open. Urokodaki moved his blade to his palm and sliced a long, shallow slit on Giyuu's palm. Giyuu didn't flinch, but he was visibly confused.

"I guess you're not one of them." Urokodaki muttered. "But if you try anything stupid, I won't hesitate to-"

His words were interrupted as he heard footsteps. He looked behind him, and Shinobu was sprinting at him, blade in hand.

Urokodaki was quick to react, swatting the blade aside, however Shinobu's strike had so much momentum that Urokodaki's blade was knocked out of his hand. Seeing an opportunity, Shinobu gave him an elbow to the chest, Urokodaki fell to the floor due to the pain of her elbow strike, making the same audible oomph that Shinobu made back when he threw her.

She was about to stab again, but Giyuu grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "Stop it!" He yelled.

Giyuu let go of Shinobu and drew his sword and pointed his blade at Urokodaki. "What was that, sensei?! What the hell is wrong with you?!"