Chapter 18

"Who goes there?!"

Sanemi had his blade ready, his arms still, and his legs tensed. Barely any outsider ever ended up in the Demon Slayer Headquarters, so naturally Sanemi was on full alert. It was also nighttime, so it was much more suspicous for a lost man to wander so close inside.

There was a shadow standing atop the hill. It had a tall, menacing stature, with a modern-looking hat and curly hair on the sides. The shadow took of his hat. His eyes glowed red.

Demon.

Sanemi immediately drew his sword, but before he could go any further, a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"Go call the other Hashira." The voice whispered. It was Okayata.

"But Okayata-sama, the demon might get away!"

"I'll watch him."

"You don't have a weapon-"

"Sanemi. The man you are looking at right now is MUZAN."

Sanemi's eyes grew wide. In an instant, he sheathed his sword and ran to the headquarters to call the other Hashira. Meanwhile, Okayata stared at the shadow's red eyes.

"You seem to be lost, young man."

Muzan stepped out into the moonlight. He was wearing his usual attire, black suit, white hat. A confident, sarcastic smile resided on his face.

"Indeed!" He said. "I've been scouring these mountains for days now, and I've encountered many interesting things about this place! Tell me...

Did you really think a few purple trees were gonna stop us from coming in?"

Okayata chuckled. "As a matter of fact, yes. Thanks to you, I have been proven wrong."

"Of course you have. Now, I am seeking something very, very important to me. Some could say it is a family heirloom, but I wouldn't exactly call that accurate. Would you be so kind as to show me some hospitality?"

"Oh, of course, young man. You may recieve as much... hospitality... as you want."

Behind Okayata, all of the Hashira (aside from Giyuu and Shinobu, of course) arrived at the scene. All of them, even Muichiro, possesed faces of pure shock.

"Okayata-sama..." muttered Rengoku. "What should we do?"

Okayata stared at Muzan, thinking hard.

"Gather all the slayers nearby, bring my family to a safe place, and... prepare this man a clean room."

All the Hashira looked visibly confused, as they were about ready to fight.

"I'LL KILL YOU, SON OF A BITCH!" Sanemi yelled as he charged towards Muzan.

"Sanemi, yield!" Okayata shouted, but Sanemi did not heed to his order.

He charged straight to Muzan and swung his blade. Muzan blocked the swing with his hand, but it managed to slice off two of his fingers. Seeing no other way to stop this, Muzan grabbed the blade and held it tight with his right hand, keeping it from moving.

"Ah." Muzan said. "Maybe next time, you could greet a house guest by... NOT threatening to kill them?"

Muzan plunged his left hand straight through Sanemi's chest. His rib bones snapped and punctured his lungs from the inside, creating a horrifying wheezing sound.

"SANEMI!!!" The Hashiras screamed in horror as Muzan raised Sanemi off the ground. Kicking and flailing, Sanemi couldn't even scream. All he could do was stare as Muzan grinned at the others behind him.