Chapter 15

Tanjiro watched as Giyuu stabbed a knife through the demon's wrist, who's hands were tied to a chair. It was a gruesome act, for sure, but a necessary one nonetheless.

At least, that was what Tanjiro tried to tell himself.

"GAAAH, PULL IT OUT ALREADY!" The demon screamed, clenching his fist.

"You're making it worse." Giyuu muttered casually. "The more you clench your fist, the more blood pours out, the more painful it is. Now, you may be immortal, but that doesn't mean you can't feel pain. So unless you want to keep the knife in there, I suggest you answer every question. Now... what does Douma want with the purple-haired woman?"

"I... I-I don't kno-"

Giyuu twisted the knife, still connected to the demon's wrist. This made the demon scream in agony, blood spilling all over the table.

"No, keep lookin' at me, keep lookin' at me, raise your head up." Giyuu whispered in the demon's ear. "Look at me now or else I'll dig deeper. Now, what does Douma want with the purple-haired woman?"

The demon put his head down, tears flowing down his cheeks. "He-he wants... he wants to use her to feel..."

Poor choice of words. Giyuu's mind immediately thought of rape. "Feel what?"

"I-I'm not sure..."

Giyuu moved the knife up the demon's arm, making a horrible ripping sound. This demon was relatively weak, which made his regeneration pathetically slow.

"LOVE!" the demon blurted out. "Lord Douma wants to feel love! That's why he kept so many female humans in the pit! He brought them into his quarters and would talk with them for hours! But eventually, after 2 or 3 days, he kills them off..."

Giyuu's eyes widened. Now that he had a time limit in his hands, he was desperate for answers. "WHY?!"

The demon reached his breaking point. He broke down crying in pain.

"Answer the question..."

"Just pull it out already, damn it!"

"ANSWER THE QUESTION!"

Giyuu, in a fit of rage, stabbed the demon's hand repeatedly, blood splattering on his face.

"Tomioka-san!" Tanjiro shouted. "Stop it already!"

Giyuu, realizing what he was doing, stopped and took a breath. The demon was still crying, struggling to pull himself out of the chair he was bound to.

"...useless." Giyuu muttered as he walked out the door. Tanjiro was going to say something, but he couldnt think of anything. After all, Giyuu was right. The demon reached his limit. He was broken now. There was nothing they could do.

Unless... we can put him back together...

Tanjiro, with a new idea, rushed over to Giyuu. He was in the other room, his head facing the floor, sitting with a slouched back. He looked exhausted, and understandably so.

Tanjiro gulped and walked towards him. He sat beside him and stood still for a moment, gathering the right words to say and rehearsing it in his mind.

"Well, that didn't go so well."

Giyuu stayed silent. Off to a bad start, but Tanjiro decided to roll with it anyway.

"Tomioka-san, I don't think brute strength is the only way to get answers out of him. Repeatedly hitting your problems won't solve anything in this situation."

Giyuu grunted. A grunt of understanding. It communicated the thought that he already knew it wasn't going to solve anything.

Tanjiro continued. "Hey, why don't I give it a try?"