Incident

Bella hugged Diana and William tightly. They finally untangled from each other and went to do other things. Bella was reading Wuthering Heights --- the novel they were currently studying in English again for the fun of it, in her room. Diana was watching TV with William. They were snuggling. She was combing his hair, like massaging.

'Di, can you check on the broth and steak,' said Bella from upstairs.

'Sure, Bells,' said Diana. She kissed William's head and fortified him with small pillows and went to the kitchen to start cooking.

'Diana?' Charlie called out. When he heard her cooking sound.

'Hey, Charlie, welcome home,' said Diana.

'Thanks,' said Charlie. He hung up his gun, and took the bullets and placed them in a box. When Bella and Diana came here as children, he would always remove the bullets as soon as he walked in the door. For few years he stopped doing that. Diana guessed he considered them they were old enough not to shoot themselves by accident, and not too depressed to shoot themselves on purpose. Now he's doing it for William.

'What's for Dinner?' Charlie asked. Renee was an imaginative cook, and her experiments weren't always edible.

'Steak and Potatoes,' Diana replied. 'Bella can you come down?'

'I'm coming,' said Bella.

Diana went to the couch where William watching. She turned off the Tv and took William in her arms to get dinner ready. She made final touch ups for the dish and started plating them.

She prepared three large plates and a smaller one for William. Bella came down to cut the steak and potatoes for William to bite size.

Charlie came down, in his night dress. Bella and Diana placed the dinner.

'Smells good, girls,' said Charlie.

'Thanks,' said Bella and Diana.

They finished eating. Charlie cleared the table while Diana was nursing William, while Bella started on the dishes. Charlie was watching tv. Bella finished with the dishes. Diana took sleepy William to her room. She sat on Bella's desk to finish her homework, math and english, it was pretty easy since she already started reading that so she could change to advanced class so she could graduate early. It became a tradition, when Diana comes home, she starts cooking, and followed by watching tv with William, dinner and then homework and finally sleep, it usually around midnight.

The next morning Diana got up and starts with the chores cleaning the house and cooking. Bella gets up and comes to help Diana. So she could shower and get ready for school. Charlie gets up by the time William also does. He brings William down. Diana feeds William and takes him to get ready for the day.

Diana shoved food in her mouth when she heard a car honk. She ran to get her bags and picked up William up and went out. Alice came running and picked William. Diana put her bags and installed the car seat. Alice straps William into his car seat. They drove to the Cullen's house.

Diana got William out of the car and he wiggled from her arms and she lowered him. He ran towards the house. She smiled and went towards the house.

'It's great to see him this enthusiastic about spending time with Esme,' said Diana in a low whisper.

'Why did something happened in the past?' Alice asked. Diana frowned knowing that she only told it to herself and nobody could hear it. 

Why Alice would hear it? Did She said it aloud? Diana wondered. Diana froze when she understood what Alice asked. She clenched her fingers and she went inside without saying a word. She moved on and didn't want to dwell on the same painful memory.