Study Date

The final bell rang at last. Bella and Diana walked slowly to the office to return their paperwork. The rain had drifted away, but the wind was strong, and colder. Diana wrapped her arms around herself. When Bella and Diana walked into the warm office. Bella almost turned around and walked back out. Edward Cullen stood at the desk in front of them. He didn't appear to notice the sound of their entrance. Bella dragged Diana as they pressed against the back wall, waiting for the receptionist to be free.

He was arguing with her in a low, attractive voice. Bella quickly picked up the gist of the argument. He was trying to trade from sixth-hour Biology to another time --- any other time.

Bella couldn't believe that this was about her. It had to be something else, something that happened before she entered the Biology room. The look on his face must have been about another aggravation entirely. It was impossible that this stranger could take such a sudden, intense dislike to Bella. The door opened again, and the cold wind suddenly gusted through the room, rustling the papers on the desk, swirling Bella's hair around her face. The girl who came in merely stepped to the desk, placed a note in the wire basket, and walked out again. But Edward Cullen's back stiffened, and he turned slowly to glare at Bella and Diana --- his face was absurdly handsome --- with piercing, hate-filled eyes. Bella and Diana felt thrills of genuine fear. The look only lasted a second, bit it chilled Bella more than the freezing wind. He turned back to the receptionist.

'Never mind, then,' he said hastily in a  voice like velvet. 'I can see that it's impossible. Thank you so much for your help'. And he turned on his heel without another look at them. Bella teared a little bit so Diana dumped the slip and went to confront Edward for making Bella feel that way. He disappeared as much as everyone from the parking lot. Diana went to the nurse's station to collect the milk bag and found Bella in the truck. They were the only one there.

Diana dropped Bella at Charlie's house and drove back to the Clearwater's house. She took a deep breath and knocked the door. A girl around her age opened the door. 

'Ummm...... Hi, I'm Diana Swan,' said Diana. The girl grunted and she allowed her come in. Sue was holding William in her arms as she was pouring water to a kettle. 'Hi, Sue, how was your day?' 

Upon hearing Diana's voice William looked at her and he started crying and stretching for her.

'Ma-ma,' William cried as he was clenching his hands. Diana dashed towards them and he dived to her and hugged Diana and lay his head on her shoulder. Diana instinctively hugged him. His cries gradually decreased. 

Sue poured some Coffee and gave it to Diana. She gladly drained the coffee. She was pretty exhausted and wants nothing but to crawl back to her bed. 

'Thank you so much, Sue,' said Diana. 'I couldn't do this without you'.

'Well, hopefully this will the last,' mumbled the girl and Diana caught that. Diana pressed her lips and went out without saying much. 

Sue followed Diana outside. She was strapping William to the car seat and she turned to look at Sue.

'Sorry about Leah,' said Sue and she hugged Diana tightly.

'All water goes under the bridge,' said Diana and waved Sue goodbye.

She drove the truck to Charlie's place. William fell asleep during the ride. She hesitated as she unstrapped William from the car seat. He woke up and whined as soon as he was on Diana's arms he was fine again. She entered the house. 

'Hi, Bells. We're home,' Diana announced.

Bella smiled and stretched her hands towards William he hesitated but he went to Bella's arms and he lay his head on her shoulder. Diana went to the kitchen to warm up the milk to feed William. Diana gave the bottle to Bella and went to shower. Ten minutes later she came out of the shower dressed. But the second she came downstairs William's crying grew more. Diana dashed to the living room to find Bella struggling to feed him.

'It's okay Bells,' said Diana and she got near them. 'I'll mange from here'. Diana extended her hand towards William and he wiggled and dived into Diana's arms. 

'Sorry,' said Bella and she went to her room. Diana frowned but she let that slide. Diana and William were sitting in the sofa watching cartoons. They both fell asleep sometimes later. Charlie came home to the sight of them sleep. He smiled and went to his work without waking them. Bella was in the kitchen cooking dinner. The smell of cooking made Diana get up from her nap. Charlie took William from Diana so she could help Bella.

'Are you going to tell me about what happened?' Diana asked crossing her hand. 

Bella sighed and said, 'It's Edward Cullen'.

'The boy who wants to change his class?' Diana asked. 

'Yeah,' said Bella. 'I don't know what I did to make him hate him'.

'Hey, don't worry about him. He's jerk', said Diana. 'You have friends too.... who's that chess club boy?'

'His name is Eric,' said Bella smiling as she plated the food for them. 'Maybe you could date him and he's a nerd'.

'Who's dating, who?' Charlie asked amused.

Bella covered Diana's mouth and said,' It's nothing, Dad. 'It's Di making stuff up'.

Bella slapped Diana's arm playfully. Diana smiled shoved Bella as she went to get some coffee from the kettle. She sat down in the couch and turned on the TV. It was a soccer match. She smiles as she watched the match.

'William, come here and see who this is,' Diana shouted. 

William wiggled from Charlie as Charlie let him down. William ran towards his mother. Diana pointed it out for him. It was Cristiano Ronaldo. William squealed and jumped on Diana's lap to watch the game. 

William and Diana were talking about the match and she was pointing out who was who so that he can understand what is going on. The Land line from the living room rang. Charlie got up and went to answer it. By the time Charlie joined them to breakfast, Diana already finished hers and she fed William the food with some smoothie. 

'It's Mrs Cullen. Di, do you have project to do?' Charlie asked.

'Oh my god. I forgot. I have paper due on Monday. I'm partnering with Jasper Hale,' said Diana. 

'Mrs Cullen said she'll in twenty minutes if you are still interested in starting the project today,' said Charlie.

'I'll go get ready,' said Diana. 'I need score more in this project to get more marks'.

She took William upstairs to get ready. She started the water as she picked the clothes for herself and William to wear. Bella joined her in the room.

'Hey, can you ask why Edward Cullen was mad at me while you there?' Bella asked.

'Can't keep the model honey alone can ya?' Diana asked wiggling her eye brows.

Bella blushed like a tomato. She mumbled and went to her room. Diana smirked as she let William in the bath tub as he played in the water splashing water. She cleaned him and sometimes later they came out. Diana wrapped William in a bundle. As soon as she let him down in her room. He climbed into the bed and started jumping. Diana chuckled as she wrestled her son to get him ready. They came downstairs by the time Charlie was gone. Diana balanced William in her arm as she took the phone to call the Cullen's residence. The number was on the board. She dialed and waited for anyone to pick up. By the third or fourth ring, someone answered the call.

'Hello?' said a musical female  voice.

'Ummmm......Hello,' Diana muttered.

'Who is it?' said the voice but Diana can see she were teasing her.   

'It's Diana Swan,' said Diana. 'Mrs Cullen told me call when I'm ready to come to your house'.

'Sure, I'm Alice. I'll drive you to my house. Can you wait for ten minutes?' said the female voice.

'I'll wait Alice,' said Diana.