Baseball

When the tension eventually faded a bit, Bella headed upstairs to change out of her clothes. Now that Bella was removed from Jasper's influence, Bella began to makeup for not being terrified before.

Diana let William play with his cars and toys. Diana was trying to make herself presentable. The phone rang and Bella sprinted downstairs to get it. There was only one voice Bella wanted to hear; anything else would be disappointment. Bella and Diana knew that if Edward or Jasper wanted to talk to Bella or Diana, they'd probably just materialize in their living room.

'Hello?' Bella asked breathless.

Diana stopped what she was doing for a second to observe the conversation.

'Bella? It's me,' Jessica said.

'Oh, hey, Jess,' Bella scrambled for a moment to come back down to reality. 'How was the dance?'

'It was so much fun!' Jessica gushed. Needing more invitation than that. 'Did you hear what I said, Bella?'

I'm sorry, what?' Bella asked.

'I said, Mike kissed me! Can you believe it?' said Jessica.

'I'm so happy that he kissed you,' said Bella.

Diana rolled her eyes and she started making some eggs and chicken soup for her to eat.

The front door slammed and they could hear Charlie banging around the stairs putting his tackle away.

'Um.....,' said Bella hesitated, not sure what her story was anymore.

'Hi, kiddos!' Charlie called as he walked into the kitchen. Diana and Bella waved at him.

'Where's the fish?' Diana asked.

'It's in the freezer,' said Charlie.

'I'll go grab a few pieces before they freeze. Billy dropped off some of Harry Clearwater's fish fry just now,' said Diana. She turned to look at Bella and signaled her to cut the call.

'He did?' Charlie asked, his eye's lit up. 'That's my favorite.'

Charlie cleaned himself up and picked William as Diana and Bella got dinner ready.

'What did you both do today?' Charlie asked as he was feeding William carrots and broccoli.

'Well, this afternoon we just hung out around the house,' said Diana. 'And Bella was over at the Cullen's house with Me and Will.'

'Dr. Cullen's place?' Charlie asked. 'What were you doing there?' 

'Well. I sort of have a date with Edward Cullen tonight, and he wanted, to introduce me to his parents.....Dad?' Bella said.

It appeared that Charlie was having an aneurysm.

'Charlie.....are you alright?' Diana asked waving her hand.

'You're going out with Edward?' Charlie thundered.

Diana hissed as William crawled towards her. She picked him up and as she glared at Charlie.

'I thought you liked the Cullens,' said Bella.

'I'm dating, Jasper Hale,' Diana mumbled.

'He's too old for you,' said Charlie.

'We're both seniors,' said Diana

'Wait......,' Charlie paused. 'Who are they again?'

'Edward is the youngest and Jasper's the blonde one,' said Bella.

'Oh, well, that's......,' Charlie struggled, 'better, I guess. I don't like the look of that big one. I'm sure he's a nice boy and all, but he looks too mature for either of you,' said Charlie.