Sleepover

Bella reached for the key mechanically, unlocked the door, and stepped inside.

Charlie called from the living room, 'Bella? Diana?'

'Yeah, Dad it's us,' Bella said. They walked in to see him. He was watching a baseball game. William was cuddling Diana and he was trying to fall back to sleep.

'You both came, early,' said Charlie.

'Are we?' Bella asked. She was surprised. 

'It's not even Nine,' said Charlie. 'Did you girls have fun.'

'Well....it was something,' said Diana. 'They both found their dresses.'

'Are you both alright?' Charlie asked. 'You both look different.'

'We're just tired,' said Diana. 'We were walking to much.'

'Well, take rest. See you tomorrow,' said Charlie.

They nodded their head and went to the kitchen. Bella, fell exhausted, into a chair. She was really feeling dizzy now. Diana let William sit in the high chair and she was quickly making some light dinner for William. It was Cauliflower and shredded boneless chicken. She needed to convince to eat, he is now at that age where he doesn't eat what she gives him.

Then suddenly the phone rang. Bella quickly ran to pick up but she knocked the chair that she was sitting on. It startled William, Bella put the chair back and yanked the phone off the hook and started talking.

Diana was struggling to feed William. She was in pain from the cut earlier and William was not making it easy for her. After the struggle, she finally fed the last bite and she washing him. He was screaming because he wanted to run around. She sighed and let him down and she started climbing the stairs. 

'Will, are you coming?' Diana said. William pouted and his lips started quivering. 'Come on. Night-night.'

William started walking towards her. His face made Diana laugh as she held onto his hands and they walked upstairs. Slowly, a heavy stupor clouding Diana's mind. She was getting ready for bed without paying any attention to what she was doing . She filled the bath with warm water and Diana and William relaxed for few minutes and she bathed and changed her clothes. Diana wrapped William in a towel. Just as Bella came to help. She dressed William as Diana took her pills. William started crying too tired. 

'Thanks, Bells,' said Diana. She took William in her arms. She sat down in her rocking chair. She was nursing William. 

Bella turned on the night light and closed the door. When William fell asleep, Diana lay him down in the crib. She jumped onto her bed too tired to do anything. After a few minutes a cold kiss made Diana wake up. She smiled and kissed him, cuddling Jasper.

'Go to sleep,' Jasper murmured against Diana's lips. She smiled and fell back to sleep.

When Diana woke up next morning. It was very hard, in the morning, to argue with the part of Diana that was sure last night was a dream.

It was foggy and dark outside Diana's window, absolutely perfect. Jasper had no reason not to be in school today.

When Diana and William got downstairs, Charlie was gone again----she was running later than she would've liked. Diana swallowed a granola bar in three bites, and fed William some milk and eggs, then they hurried out the door. Hoping that the rain would stop. 

It was unusually foggy; the air was almost smoky with it. The mist was ice c old where it clung to exposed skin in their and neck. William dug himself and he hides from cold.

'I'm sorry, buddy. We'll get on the truck soon,' said Diana and she rubbed her hand around William's back trying to warm him up. 

It was such a thick fog that she was a few feet down the drive way before she realized there was a car. It was a shiny black Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. Diana smiled but she didn't see how he came, but suddenly he was there, he took her bags, pulling the door open and put her bags and the car seat.