First day of school

The door opened a middle age woman opened the door.

'Come on in, Diana,' said Sue. 'Hi, William'.

Diana smiled. William leaned on Diana's shoulder but smiled at Sue.

'He's bit shy about meeting new people,' said Diana. As she ran her fingers through his hair as they went inside the house.

The living room is big, there was a TV, and a sofa. Diana sat down in the sofa placing the bag. William crawled away from her to  play with his cars.  

'Where's everyone?' Diana asked as she looked around.

'Harry went to Billy's place. Leah went for a jog. Seth is still sleeping,' said Sue.

Oh, okay. Ummm.... Sue I've to leave as soon as possible,' said Diana. 'Had to pick up Bella'.

'Okay, honey,' said Sue.

Sue sat down next to William. He looked at her and gave one of his car. Both of them played for ten minutes. Diana was smiling as she got up and moved few steps.

'Will?' said Diana. He turned to look at Diana. 'I'm going bye-bye'. As she took her school bag.

It took a second for William to get what she's saying when he knew he whined and started crying. Sue wiped his tears. He got down from the sofa and ran towards Diana and hugged her legs. She came to his eye level and she hugged him. 

'I'm going to school. I'll come back in six hours,' said Diana, she counted William's fingers to six.  She kissed William's forehead. Sue hugged Diana and picked William in her arms.

Diana went out, she could hear William's screaming. It rips her heart out to hear him cry for her. 

'Bye, Sue,' Diana whispered and went to the truck.

'Ma-ma,' said William crying. He was stretching his arms to reach her. 'Ma-ma, no'. When Sue and William came out to send Diana off.

'I'll see you soon, Will,' said Diana. He trying get down to chase Diana. He was screaming because Diana was not paying attention. Sue was trying to compose herself it breaks her heart to hear William cry and see Diana shaken up.

Sue took William inside the house and locked the front door. She sat down, William moved and sat in the corner still crying. Sue could hear footsteps from the stairs, Seth came down and stretched. He turned to see William crying and hiccuping.

'What's going on, Mom?' Seth asked his mom. 

Sue sighed and rubbed her forehead. 'This is William Swan'.

'So.......you're baby sitting him for Diana?' Seth asked.

'Yeah, She warned me about this. But it is still hard to see him cry', said Sue and scooted close to William. She extended her arms. William hesitated for a second but he crawled to her.

'Ma-ma?' William asked looking for Diana. Sue picked him up. He started crying. Sue rubbed circles on his back to sooth him. William started calming down. Sue stood up with William in her arms as she started to cook breakfast for Seth.

 Swan House [Normal POV]:

Diana got into the truck and started it. She drove the truck still tears streaming down her eyes. Bella was waiting outside the house. Diana got down from the truck and hugged Bella.

'Let's go,' said Diana. She doesn't like to show much of her emotions to anyone. 

The engine quickly started but loudly, roaring to life and then idling at top volume. Finding school wasn't difficult, though they'd never been there before. The school was, like most other things, just off the highway. It was not obvious that it was a school; only the sign, which declared it to be the Forks High School, made Bella stop the truck. It looked like a collection if matching houses, built with maroon-colored bricks. There were so many trees and shrubs they couldn't see it at first. Where were chain like fences, the mental detectors?