Episode 11 (Part 1)

Date: October 18
Time: 8:30 am
Location: Beacon Defendant Chamber 2

My name, is Ruby Rose, rookie attorney at law. Not so long ago, I was a new hire at the law firm called Xiao Long Arm of the Law (ugh, Yang's puns...), and now suddenly I'm the leading attorney on a case for my old friend-

Yang: "Hellloooo? Remnant to Ruby!"

Ruby: "Gahhh! Yang! What's the big idea of sneaking up on me?!"

Yang smirked as she crossed her arms. Yang was wearing a button up orange dress shirt with the image of a dragon printed on the back and a patch of her personal symbol on her chest pocket, a dark yellow tie and long black pants.

Yang: "By sneaking up, do you mean standing in front of you and repeatedly calling your name for close to five minutes?"

Ruby: "Uhh..."

Ruby began to sheepishly tap her fingers together, lowering her gaze from her older sister and law mentor. Yang rolled her eyes and pulled Ruby into a headlock, much to Ruby's distress.

Yang: "Aww, look at my little sister! Just had to strive to become like me! Youngest law graduate at just 16 years old. And now, your about to defend your first case!"

Ruby: "I know that!! Why are you talking like we need some kind of exposition?"

Yang shrugged but released her grip on Ruby, allowing the poor girl to quickly run to a mirror and fix her outfit. For an attorney, the proper attire was slightly different than that of her Huntress attire. She wore a dark crimson top that was decorated with several rose patterns that ran down the front, and wore a black long skirt that went to her knees. And despite Yang's insistence, Ruby kept her cloak.

Yang: "Oum's sake, sis. You need to take a breath and calm down."

Ruby: "Calm?! I AM CALM! SEE HOW CALM I AM?!"

Yang's eyes widened in surprise, before bursting out into laughter.

Yang: "Oh, very convincing. Bet the judge will believe you when you get inside."

Ruby: "Ugh..."

Yang's grin faded as she gave a serious look, making Ruby's stomach start to roll with nerves.

Yang: "Ok. Fun and games are over. Now you're speaking to your boss. Can you handle this, Ruby?"

That is the question. Of course I can handle this! I've studied, practiced, and prepared to do this for years. So why do I feel faint?

Ruby: "Of course! I-I can handle this."

???: "Good morning."

Ruby: "Gaaaahhh!!!"

Ruby practically leapt out of her skin as she turned to rose petals, and zipped around to hide behind Yang.

Yang: "Ah, Blake. Impeccable timing as always. Did you get the case documents from the prosecution?"

Blake nodded as she walked over to the table and placed her suitcase on top of it. Blake was Yang's judicial assistant, and long time friend of the sisters. She wore a white undershirt and black tie, with a buttoned overcoat and black pants.