Chapter 22

Massimo

I was shaking in anger. The fucking asshole was looking at Arabella, like she's the fucking meal.

And Arabella, merda! Shit! She's looking at him sweetly and laughing at whatever the asshole was saying. It takes everything in me, not to get out of my car, and go to her, and drag her back home.

Good thing, they sat by the window, so I could easily watch her.

Evelyn's daughter, Al and her husband was with them. I know Eric through business. We've worked together a couple of times, and he's a good man. It's the asshole sitting across from Arabella, that I have a problem with.

I know, I made it seem like I'm not worried at all, but honestly, I'm going crazy out of mind. I'm scared that Arabella's gonna like this guy, and she's going to want to be with him instead of me. I'm scared that's she's going to fall in love with him, when it should be with me.

I swallowed hard.

Love? What?

I care about her, but love?

Okay so I may not be in love with her, but I care for her deeply, so it should be enough. She can't fall in love with someone else because she'll leave us if she does. so if she's going to fall in love with someone else then it should be with me...so then she won't leave. She'll love Lia and I, and that would be enough for her to stay.

Fanculo! Fuck! They're leaving.

"Follow them closely," I ordered Garrett, my driver/bodyguard. "Not too close, Garrett. I don't want them suspecting anything," I ordered.

"Sir," he acknowledged.

They didn't go far, they went to a club nearby.

I groaned. I'm gonna have to go inside, to keep track of Arabella. I was really hoping to stay in the background, without any chance of Arabella catching me, following her.

"Stay here," I said.

"Sir," he said.

I went inside, it was packed, which is good, it will be hard for Arabella to spot me. But then it will also be hard for me to find her.

Right when I finished my thought, I saw her. There she was, sitting with the asshole.

I didn't like how close they were sitting together, and I grind my teeth, and clenched my jaw.

"Would you like a drink?" The bartender asked.

"Yes, gin and tonic. Make it strong," I said.

I see Arabella, laughing again at whatever the asshole was saying. She's been doing that a lot tonight. Smiling, laughing. She looked so at ease. She's never like that with me. Hell, all we do is bicker.

I watched them closely. The asshole is getting too close. He's fucking holding her hand, and shes smiling up at him.

Fuck this, I said to myself. I slam my drink on the bar, and started to walk over to where Arabella is, when they stood up, I stopped in my tracks.

The asshole led her to the dance floor.

I gritted my teeth, but moved back to the bar, where my drink is.

Then suddenly, a lady comes and gives me a coy, but flirtatious smile. I groan. But I gave her a curt nod.

I returned my gaze to where Arabella is now dancing.

Merda! Shit! She's so fucking sexy. I feel myself harden, and it feels so fucking uncomfortable. I feel like, I'm going to burst out of my jeans.