Chapter 26

Arabella

Thank god he's finally awake.

He's still a little weak, but I'm really
glad he's okay.

He talked to Lia earlier too, just to assure her that he's okay. Our poor baby... she was crying so much, I was determined to go home to comfort and assure her that her daddy is okay, but we managed to calm her down and explain the situation to her. I wanted to go and be with Lia, but I was also afraid to leave Massimo.

Massimo has been unconscious for two days. And it was the worse days of my life. His parents and his sister Ellie flew in from Italy and are now at home resting. They didn't want to leave him at first, but Marco, Jason, and I, convinced them otherwise. I promised to call them as soon as something changes. They really need some rest. Moreover, they also wanted to make sure Lia is okay. Since Massimo's condition is stable and the doctors promised that he won't be waking up anytime soon, they were finally convinced to go home.

Massimo's youngest sister, Zarah was in Africa for a medical mission as part of the charity that the Anastasi family supports. Knowing this actually made me admire them even more. Even though they come from money, they have managed to stay humble and kind. Their generosity cannot be questioned as well. Their family is just wonderful.

As far as I know, they didn't want Zarah to worry, so instead of calling her, and have her worry and panic, the family chose to send someone over to come and get her.

I've also met Massimo's father -Now I know, who he takes after. Massimo is so much like his father, it's eerie. But he too, was nice and welcoming.

After calling to tell Massimo's parents and sister, that he's awake, they immediately rushed to the hospital. They fussed over him. I know for sure that even though Massimo was telling them that he was okay and to stop fussing and worrying about him - deep inside, he really loves having his family here; and I know he's thankful to have their support. I envy how close they are to each other. It makes me think about my parents and how used to be when they were still alive. But like I said, I know that they continue to watch over me, no matter where they are.

Massimo couldn't wait any longer, and he announced to the whole family that we were engaged. I can still feel my face burn with embarrassment every time I remember how he told them.

His whole family looked genuinely happy. His mom, Francesca had tears in her eyes. While everyone else was congratulating Massimo and trading him, Francesca pulled me aside. She hugged me so tightly, and thanked me for loving Massimo and Lia. She thanked me for coming into their lives, and making them whole and happy again. She told me that she has never seen his son this happy, and that as a mother, that's all she could ever ask for. Her words brought me to tears. She already insisted on me calling her mamma, same with his father, Dominic Anastasi; who I soon realized is nothing but a giant teddy bear, with a funny sense of humour. He has embraced me as his new daughter and has welcomed me to the family with open arms.

His sister was the same. Ellie and I had a lot in common. She's also not afraid to speak her mind. Her relationship with Massimo, is like other brother and sister relationship. As much as they tease and annoy the hell out of each other, they love and adore each other dearly. I could tell that Ellie also suffers from the protectiveness of her older brother, and as much as she complains, I know she secretly loves it. We've managed to form a bond in such a short time. I already love her like a sister and I can't wait to get to know her better. I also can't wait to meet their youngest sister, Zarah. With amazing parents and brother and sister, I'm sure she'll be just as wonderful as they are.

Marco was also happy for us, and offered his heart felt congratulations, but not before he teased Massimo. We've also managed to bond, during the two days Massimo was unconscious. He's like the brother I never had. I found that, he's a big giant goofball, unlike Massimo who's always serious all the time. Jason is the same. Too bad he had to leave. It would have been frat to have him around. Aside from congratulating us on our engagement, Marco also didn't miss the chance to tell everyone how I broke my hand, punching Massimo on the face. Everyone had a good laugh at that, except Massimo. He grumbled and glared at his best friend. But, I know it was all in good nature, because I can see the smile and laugh he was trying to hold back. I know it hurt him to laugh, so it was easier for him to pretend he was annoyed and mad.