Chapter 4

Arabella

I've been tossing and turning on my bed for the last 2 hours.

Argh!

Massimo Anastasi is still invading my thoughts, after one week since I've met him.

Damn his arrogance. Damn his broad shoulders, sexy smirk, his stupid sexy Italian accent, and his smouldering eyes!

Damn him.

I blew out a big breath.

Every time I try to sleep, thoughts of him invade my mind. I can't escape him. I can't get him out of mind. It's like there's this pull...or energy, that's pulling me towards him.

No matter how much he infuriated me that day, he still left a mark. No one has ever affected me as much as he did. The truth is, even though he pissed me off by spitting out nonsense about me being better off somewhere else, I actually admired the way he cares about his daughter. I could see it in his eyes. I saw it when Lia ran to him, and he caught her in his arms. The way he smiled at her, and Lia at him. They have a strong and special bond. Seeing that did something to me... Something I can't explain. All I know is that, I felt my heart skip a beat that day.

I chuckled to myself.

You're crazy Ara. You're going crazy over a man, who you certainly won't see again. You're insane. I'm sure he's forgotten all about you, the second you turned your back on him and left his home. You should do the same. Forget about him. Forget about them.

With that last thought in my mind, I feel my eyes grow heavy. I finally give in and succumb to an endless sleep.

Massimo

I was shaking. No. The bed was shaking.

"Daddy wakes up. Wakes up, daddy!" Lia said while shaking me awake.

I groaned. Merda. Am I late? No, I set my alarm.

"Daddy wakes up!" She said more forcefully.

"I'm awake principessa. What's wrong?"

"I went to see Miss E'lyn, she's not feeling so well," she said. "She said I shouldn't come near her cause she's sick daddy and I might catches it," she said.

I smiled, "catch it you mean," correcting her.

"Yeah, catch it," she said.

I turned to the clock on my end table and saw, it's only 6 o'clock in the morning. I still have over an hour, before I have to leave for an early meeting. A meeting that I cannot miss. I need this sale to push through. Once the deal is closed, I will acquire control of Hyatt Hotel and Resort, the biggest competitor of Anastasi Hotel, Spa and Resort. For the past year, their business has not been doing well. So now, George Hyatt is in talks with me in selling his shares. I just can't miss this meeting. But if Evelyn is, as sick as my daughter says she is, then I need to find someone quick to watch over Lia.

"Principessa, why don't you go to your playroom and I'll go check on Evelyn," I said to her.

She nodded and said, "Okays daddy." She hopped off of the bed and went to her playroom.

I got out of bed and put a shirt on, and headed to Evelyn's room.

I knocked on her door and waited for her to answer.

"Come in," I heard her say.

"Evelyn, Lia said you're not feeling well. Are you okay?"

"I think I've caught the flu. I'm sorry Massimo, but every time I try to get up, I get dizzy, and I have such a terrible migraine," she said to me. She really doesn't look well.