Part one - What's wrong?

Disclaimer: This is based on Grey's anatomy, but not season three. There isn't really a specific season it is based on. You'll see :)

I hope you guys like this.

----

Meredith looked at all the worried faces looking over at her, they surrounded her like it was a convention. She frowned walking over to her locker and setting her things inside. Before she began to change. Derek, her boyfriend stopped her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. He looked at her, his eyes glossy but they were sparkling at the same time.

"Meredith you've been different this past week, we're worried," Derek spoke, he stepped closer rubbing her shoulder "Do you need to talk to Mary?" He whispered into her ear, trying to be as quiet as he could.

Mary is Meredith's therapist, she helped her through the thick and thin. As well as the people who loved her of course. But Mary was there for her since Medical school. She was the only person that knew about the kidnapping.

The past week Meredith hasn't been talking to Marry, Only because she was getting better. Meredith had gotten over her fear of intimacy and the fear of abandonment. But as soon as the anniversary came closer, new issues arose. Especially when she got a call from her lawyer that the men who kidnapped her; were getting let out of jail.

Meredith began to shut everyone out and keep to herself. She became more terrified, she didn't want to be alone but she wanted to. She needed help but didn't know how to ask because she was getting better. Doing better.

"Derek," Meredith sighed placing her head on his shoulder. She didn't want to tell him how she was feeling, but she had to. She made it this far, why give that up now?

"Mer," he whispered, wrapping an arm around her shoulders "What's going on?"

Meredith took in a deep breath and exhaled, looking up at him "I need help," she muttered

"It's okay, everyone needs help from time to time," someone spoke, it was one of her roommates George.

"Just know that you are loved by all of us," Derek said into her ear, he gave her a big hug and kissed her forehead

Meredith pulled away from the hug, a nervous laugh escaping her lips. She looked over at her four friends who sat on the bench, their worried eyes looking over at her. She felt overwhelmed, but she also felt loved.

"Is there something else?" Cristina spoke, knowing there was something else. She could tell by Meredith's posture and facial expressions that she was making.

"I-uh," Meredith stammered looking around the room. Yes "no."

"I'll take your shift for you Mer," Alex spoke, the only one in the room not in scrubs, besides Meredith and Derek.

"No you don't have to," Meredith muttered, shaking her head.

"Meredith, take a break. Come home with me, you and I can cuddle up on the couch." Derek spoke, running a hand up and down her back.

"You've been working over overtime need a break," Cristina added.

"But I-"

"No buts Meredith Grey, you look terrible. Go home. That's an order," Bailey cut in walking into the room "I don't want you to make a mistake."

"O-ok," Meredith Stammered looking over at the worried faces again. She just sighed, grabbing her bag "next time, please don't bring Bailey into this." Meredith added as she began to walk out of the room. Derek mouthed thank you toward Bailey while wrapping an arm around Meredith's waist.

Derek drove Meredith home, the radio played light music while the engine of the hummed. It was about a ten minute drive, a quiet drive that is. A comfortable drive, as the worry only grew more in the pit of Derek's stomach. When they got home, he helped her out of the car and walked her up to the door.

After walking inside Meredith walked up to their room, setting her purse on the bed. A sigh escaping her lips. She looked over at Derek who stood behind her at a distance. Her eyes were glazed over. There was something wrong and she had to tell him. She promised him she would.