Part two - I'm sorry

Derek stood in front of Meredith, his worried eyes looking at her. He saw the look she gave him, he could tell something was wrong. He watched as she let out an exhausted sigh and sit down on the bed. Derek sat down next to her and placed a hand on her thigh, trying to comfort her. He looked over at her waiting for her to speak, knowing that she wanted to say something.

"I need to tell you something," Meredith finally spoke after a long moment of silence. She took a deep breath in and out before continuing. She was scared, scared that he'd leave her. She was afraid that he'd be angry. Derek nodded, signaling for her to continue, and gently brushed his hand up and down her thigh "I don't know how to tell you this without you being angry." She muttered, looking over at him.

"You are making me nervous, what's wrong?" Derek asked, stirring in his spot. Meredith just took another deep breath, closing her eyes before continuing.

"Twenty years ago something happened, something big. Probably something I should have told you a year ago," She sighed, looking back over at him. He just frowned nodding his head, letting her know he was listening. Meredith swallowed the lump in her throat and continuing "I was kidnapped, today is the anniversary of the day I was kidnapped and in two weeks the men who took me are being let out."

"Wh-what?" He stammered, he saw the tears now flowing down her cheeks and the look of terror she had in her eyes "I'm not mad, it's just we've been together for three years now. I mean, I understand it. But why?"

"I didn't want you to leave me and now the men are being let out in two weeks. So I-I am more scared than ever."

"It's okay, I won't leave you. I don't ever want to. I love you, Meredith." He told her wrapping his arms around her, holding her close to him. He cared that she didn't tell him about the kidnapping, he thought that she trusted him. He thought that she would tell him everything.

"I'm sorry for not telling you, I'm sorry. I was just so scared, I thought you wouldn't want me anymore. I didn't want you to leave me." She cried into his chest, he just held onto her, pulling her onto his lap and cradling her in his arms.

"Shh, it's okay. I want you, you're wanted. I love you so much." He whispered into her ear, rocking her side to side. He felt her hand grip his shirt as she cried into his chest.

"I hate that they make me so scared, I hate that they did this to me." She cried, he just held onto her running his hand up and down her back and through her hair.

"I have you, you are safe with me. You have Alex and George too. I'm sure they'd want to protect you."

"Yea." Meredith chuckled, nodding her head. She felt safe in his arms, warm even. He was making her feel better, slowly she was able to stop herself from crying. Bringing herself to look up at him, remaining tears falling from her eyes.

"Does any of your friends know about this?" He asked, looking into her eyes. His heart broke seeing her like this. He just wanted to hold her, wrap her in his arms and never let go.

"No. No one knows but you and my therapist."

"Okay," He muttered underneath his breath, snuggling his face against her cheek "Do you want them to know?" He asked as he leaned them against the headboard of the bed, making them more comfortable.

"Yes, but I'm afraid they'll be mad at me."

"Am I mad at you?"

"I don't know," she spoke, sounding unsure. He just sighed and kissed her cheek, gently rocking her side to side.

"No, I am not mad at you. If anything I am more worried about you." Derek muttered, his arms still securely wrapped around her. His cheek pressed up against hers. Feeling her body pressed up against his.

"I-I can tell them when they get home. I'll have Cristina come over too I guess. Do I really have to do this?" Meredith rambled, getting out of the hold she was in and sitting in front of him.

"I mean, they deserve to know Meredith," He spoke calmly "Tell them you are nervous. Tell them how you are feeling, they'll understand."

"Okay." She sighed, laying down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"What are you thinking?" He asked laying next to her, their heads inches apart. Meredith turned on her side to look at him, her eyes growing glossy. He couldn't help but reach up and pull the loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"About what happened when I was kidnapped," Meredith muttered, "I remember everything."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Derek asked, gently placing his hand on her cheek and rubbing his thumb over her cheek in a soft motion. Trying to give her some comfort "You don't have to."

"I was fourteen when they took me," She began, swallowing the lump in her throat. Derek looked at her, concern was written on his face. But he nodded for her to continue, telling her it was okay "They took me to this abandoned warehouse that had all of these rooms, but I was their only capture. I was in a very tiny room that had a urinal and a small bed. They were terrible men, they had beaten me and forced me to do things I didn't want to do." She paused and looked back up at Derek who looked just as terrified as she did. He felt awful, he was mortified that she had to go through that.

"Oh Meredith," Derek muttered, tears forming in his eyes. His heart ached, he felt so awful for her.

"There's more," she spoke, making Derek's eyes widened "I was gone for a year."

At this point, Derek had felt so bad that he couldn't hold the tears from falling from his eyes. But he couldn't let her see him cry, he had to be strong for her, so he pulled her toward him and rested his head in the crook of her neck. Holding onto her as his life depended on it.

Hey, I know this one took a while. But I am trying my best. I currently have exams coming up, so it may be a while until the next update. But less than a month.
As always, tell me your thoughts and questions and I'll try to answer them.
I know these probably seem really short at the moment, but the chapters get longer as you read them.
I hope you all have a great day!