Part seven - Two weeks later

It was the day that Meredith's captures were being let out of jail and somehow, she was fine. It was the thought of being around her people, made her feel comfortable. But Derek on the other hand was nervous for her, he was worried that something would happen. Worried that she'd break down or worse something bad happening to her. Yes, Meredith was still scared, but being in the hospital surrounded by her people made her feel somewhat safe.

By this point in time, half the hospital already knew about her kidnapping. But everyone that was told was to act as if they didn't know anything. Bailey and Richard were prepared to watch her every move as well as everyone else who cared about Meredith. They were all just as worried as Derek was, but they all had to act as if nothing was going to happen. To continue with life until something bad happens. 

The two had walked into the hospital together, Derek basically glued to Meredith's side. His arm wrapped around her back and watching their surroundings like a hawk. Everyone could tell by the look in his eyes that he was worried, terrified even. He didn't want to leave her side. He was a nervous wreck, worrying about everything. Something he normally never does. 

"Derek, you can't follow me into the women's changing room," Meredith chuckled as Derek continued to follow her into the room. 

"Right, right," Derek muttered "I'll just sit out here, okay? Get me if you need me."

"Sure," Meredith muttered as she walked into the locker room to change into her scrubs. He sat in the hallway in a small chair and waited, his eyes glued to the door until she came out.

"What are you doing?" Someone had asked, a voice he'd never heard before. Her voice was high and squeaky making Derek wince internally. 

"I'm sitting here," Derek muttered, not paying attention to the woman next to him in her street clothes.

"It's a little weird that You're sitting here don't you think?" She questioned her arms wrapped around her stomach "In front of the women's room and staring at the door."

"It would if I were stalking someone." 

"Weird," She muttered, turning to walk into the room only to be faced with the door opening and her running into the person who opened the door "Watch it." She grumbled walking into the room, shoving Meredith to the side. 

Meredith Just ignored the rude woman and continued out the door, followed by Derek who walked behind her like a lost puppy. He followed her up until he had to change into his own scrubs and he watched as she disappeared to the OR floor. Derek quickly changed and rushed back out to the hallway and to the OR floor to catch up to Meredith.  

Finally, after walking around the OR floor Derek had found her at the OR desk, talking to Cristina. She laughed at something Cristina had said, causing them both to laugh. She seemed okay and it made him feel more at ease. But it didn't mean he was going to stop overthinking everything and being protective over her. 

When Derek walked over to them, the conversation died down but their smiles remained. When Derek had approached them, a small smirk formed on Merediths face, and she chuckled while the two girls looked at him. He was confused. Why were they acting that way? As they all stood in silence there pagers began to beep loudly. 

"It's the pit, we gotta go," Meredith muttered before dashing down the hallway, followed by Cristina. Then Derek them he followed them until they reached the trauma bay. Meredith paused and watched as they wheeled someone in on a gurney. Taking the man on it to a trauma room. 

"Mer! Come on!" Cristina spoke, waving for her to follow her. Meredith just stood there, not moving. She showed no emotion as she stood there. 

"I-I'm gonna catch the next ambulance. Y-you, don't need me," Meredith mumbled, looking at the man in on the gurney. Derek looked over at Cristina and then Meredith. Concern washed over him.